Graphics programs slow in linux

Post by ndln » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:19:43

> hi guys,
> I have a dual boot OS - Windows XP and Redhat Linux 8.0 on my PC, with
> 512MB DDR and 64MB Nvidia Graphics Card. Dont know for what reason, I am
> not able to get the same speed of rendering/animation in Linux, as
> compared to windows. Even the inbuilt Games that comes with Linux are
> dead slow. I knew pretty much that linux recognizes the NVidia Graphics
> card. I am not knowing if I need some kind of accelerators to speed it
> up. Did any one come up with such problems before? Any tips highly
> appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Vijay.

I believe this has been answered already. For details, google.
Hint: you have to change "nv" to "nvidia" in one file.

Good luck!

Graphics programs slow in linux

Post by .shift » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:59:44

Also.. read through the README on the nVidia website. It tells you
everything you need to know.

> > hi guys,
> > I have a dual boot OS - Windows XP and Redhat Linux 8.0 on my PC, with
> > 512MB DDR and 64MB Nvidia Graphics Card. Dont know for what reason, I am
> > not able to get the same speed of rendering/animation in Linux, as
> > compared to windows. Even the inbuilt Games that comes with Linux are
> > dead slow. I knew pretty much that linux recognizes the NVidia Graphics
> > card. I am not knowing if I need some kind of accelerators to speed it
> > up. Did any one come up with such problems before? Any tips highly
> > appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > Vijay.

> I believe this has been answered already. For details, google.
> Hint: you have to change "nv" to "nvidia" in one file.

> Good luck!

1. Graphics programs slow in linux

This is quite off topic, but oh well.

Make sure you have the NVidia binary drivers installed:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_display_ia32_1.0-4363

You should probably direct further questions to the Linux discussion
forum there, but be sure to read the readme.

--
Stefanus Du Toit; http://3.141592.org/; gpg 4bf2e217; #include <iostream>
template<int i,int j=i-1>struct I{I(){if(i%j)I<i,j-1>();else I<i-1>();}};

2. What - CREDIT CARD FRAUD & NO SOFTWARE!

3. Linux graphics programs

4. suddenly missing dialog box!!

5. ANN: Book "Linux 3D Graphics Programming"

6. Art scan pro 4.1

7. my GL app very slow in linux

8. Linux: fast glx slow glut

9. Why is glTexImage with GeForce3 so slow under Linux

10. GeForce+Linux: SLOW glCopyTexImage2D()

11. Is Linux Mesa really that slow...

12. Linux OpenGL apps running slow