VC6 & OpenGL problem **URGENT**

Post by Clyde Shoemake » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a big problem with OpenGL (w/ Windows98) and VC6.
My application works fine as I developed it in Debug-Mode.
Today I switched to Release-Mode and guess what happens:

   All the lights and materials are gone 8-(((

Does somebody know, what this problem could be and how to fix it ?

I'm using a PII-300 with 128Meg and the sw-renderer (the MS opengl32.dll)
I also switched all optimizations off and sync'd the Release options with my
Debug options, still no go.
This is an urgent one, please help me...

Hope to hear from somebody,
  Clyde

/----------------------------------\
         Clyde E. Shoemaker
Integrated Dynamics Engineering GmbH

     Remove NOSPAMMING to reply
\----------------------------------/

VC6 & OpenGL problem **URGENT**

Post by Frans Boum » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I have a big problem with OpenGL (w/ Windows98) and VC6.
> My application works fine as I developed it in Debug-Mode.
> Today I switched to Release-Mode and guess what happens:

>    All the lights and materials are gone 8-(((

> Does somebody know, what this problem could be and how to fix it ?

    You probably don't initialize several key variables in your
    application. In debugmode, all vars are initialized by the
    compiler, in releasemode they're not.

    common problem, easy solution :)

    FB

VC6 & OpenGL problem **URGENT**

Post by Thant Tessma » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I have a big problem with OpenGL (w/ Windows98) and VC6.
> My application works fine as I developed it in Debug-Mode.
> Today I switched to Release-Mode and guess what happens:

>    All the lights and materials are gone 8-(((

> Does somebody know, what this problem could be and how to fix it ?

Yep. Sounds familiar. One big difference between debug and release is
how (if?) raw memory is initialized.  Check to make sure your program
isn't using values that haven't been initialized.

-thant

VC6 & OpenGL problem **URGENT**

Post by Matthias Ras » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I have a big problem with OpenGL (w/ Windows98) and VC6.
> My application works fine as I developed it in Debug-Mode.
> Today I switched to Release-Mode and guess what happens:

>    All the lights and materials are gone 8-(((

Another guess what might be happening: Do you use any assertions ? And
if so, do you put in there expressions which modify something, like

assert(i--);

I do not use VC, but with gcc you can turn off all assertions by
setting some compiler flag, maybe VC does so when switching to release
level.

Bye

1. opengl & vc6

hello guys ....

i'm not at all interested coding under windows and playing with its classes
but if someone could send me a ready to use kind of function:
SetMode (int Xres, int Yres, int Depth);

so then i could access to opengl in fullmode under win

as i said i'm not at all interesting by the windows code
i mean i dont want to spend most of my time doing a good function that do
this SetMode stuff
as im just getting to vc6, i dont want to play with all windows shit ...

Thanks anyone .....

2. I've added to my page a SUBMARINE PICTURES SECTION

3. *** URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT ***

4. : Icons/Small Graphics available for FTP?

5. *** URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT ***

6. file copyrights

7. OpenGL and VC6 Linking Errors

8. Best approach using OGL on O2

9. vc6 and opengl