Vector Fonts, OpenGL and Adobe Fonts Libraries

Vector Fonts, OpenGL and Adobe Fonts Libraries

Post by Matt Nigbo » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

  There is a font library that Adobe sells called Futura Medium.  I
would really like to use this font in an OpenGL application I am
developing but currently my project is using vector fonts (.vfn files).
I know little to nothing about the Adobe font type library and am
wondering if there is any way of converting the Adobe font types into a
usuable vector font format/file that will be usable in my OpenGL
application.  My application does not run in the windows enviroment and
I am using the GLUT libraries.
Thanks,
-Matt

Vector Fonts, OpenGL and Adobe Fonts Libraries

Post by Jakob Bielin » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

go to http://www.wotsit.org/
there you can find the description for almost every file format.  but i am
not sure, if this Adobe Font is there too.

jb

|   There is a font library that Adobe sells called Futura Medium.  I
| would really like to use this font in an OpenGL application I am
| developing but currently my project is using vector fonts (.vfn files).
| I know little to nothing about the Adobe font type library and am
| wondering if there is any way of converting the Adobe font types into a
| usuable vector font format/file that will be usable in my OpenGL
| application.  My application does not run in the windows enviroment and
| I am using the GLUT libraries.
| Thanks,
| -Matt

1. Looking for a simple vector font library

Hi,

What I'm looking for is quite simple: a simple set of methods that draws
strings using vectors.  I'm not a font expert, but there must be something
somewhere I can use instead of taking a paper pad and figure out the vector
coordinates myself! :-)

Hugo

P.S.  I'm not using GLUT.  Has to be pure GL.

2. Bumpmapping

3. 3D fonts, 3D fonts from 2D fonts, common fonts data

4. gnuplot.hlb

5. 3D font library for OpenGL

6. 3d_studio

7. Is GLC the standard font library for OpenGL?

8. Need graphics file manager for gifs and jpegs

9. 3D Font library for opengl

10. Porting to OpenGL - Subwindows and Font Manager Library

11. fonts FONTS fonts

12. fonts fonts fonts!