glu 1.3 for win32 ?

Post by Monnier Willia » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:35:49

Hi.
I'd like to use some new functions from glu1.3 in visual c++ under win32
system (98/2k). Where can I find the compiled glu1.3 lib + headers ?

   thanks.

William -

glu 1.3 for win32 ?

Post by Jonathan Dinerste » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:42:35

Microsoft's software OpenGL has never been updated, by video card
makers provide newer OpenGL and GLU libraries.  I know you can get
these from ATI and nVidia.  You'll need to have one of their cards to
use them, though.  Anything manufactured in the last couple years will
probably have drivers to support newer OpenGL stuff.

Jonathan Dinerstein

> Hi.
> I'd like to use some new functions from glu1.3 in visual c++ under win32
> system (98/2k). Where can I find the compiled glu1.3 lib + headers ?

>    thanks.

> William -

1. glu 1.3 binaries for win32

I would like to be able to update glu. On 1.2 right now.

Would there be a problem if I do this for example on 1.2

gluBuildMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_RGB8, .....);

Is GL_RGB8 ok or does it have to be 3. What about GL_RGB. The values of
both those defines are not the same, so....

Has anyone made a DLL yet? We can get gl 1.2 through hardware but glu 1.3
is a differet story.

V-man

2. Feedback mode; polygon visibility

3. GLU 1.3 availability for IRIX 6.5?

4. Rotating in 3D...No MORE MATRICES!!!

5. looking for glu1.3 or a msvc++ project with glu 1.2 or 1.3 source

6. Is Internet only for the for the Academics

7. Does glu 1.3 even exist ?

8. Importing vistapro as a scene

9. GLU 1.3 with mesa

10. glu 1.3

11. GLU 1.3 for Windows

12. looking for glu1.3 or a msvc++ project with glu 1.2 or 1.3 source

13. opengl 1.3 and what about glu