Problem with 3D fonts (i've seen the MFC text tutorial)

Problem with 3D fonts (i've seen the MFC text tutorial)

Post by Michele Castellucc » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:07:58

I've try to do a thing , if I use the
parameter WGL_FONT_POLYGONS in wglUseFontoutlines and
i render the text with another 3d object, this object
has some imperfections, it is visualized with...a strange
cull face, or something similar.
If I use the parameter WGL_FONT_LINES there isn't this problem.

I expect there is a way to "disactivate" fonts after drawing my
text to destroy the problem.

Problem with 3D fonts (i've seen the MFC text tutorial)

Post by Deluxe Rever » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:51:21

Try putting the following attribute push/pop around your text display. I
believe that the font list changes the GL_FRONT_FACE or similar indicator.

glListBase(base);
glPushAttrib(GL_POLYGON_BIT);
glCallLists(strlen(string),GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,string);
glPopAttrib();

Danny

Quote:> I've try to do a thing , if I use the
> parameter WGL_FONT_POLYGONS in wglUseFontoutlines and
> i render the text with another 3d object, this object
> has some imperfections, it is visualized with...a strange
> cull face, or something similar.
> If I use the parameter WGL_FONT_LINES there isn't this problem.

> I expect there is a way to "disactivate" fonts after drawing my
> text to destroy the problem.

> --

1. Oy vey Maria, I've still got a font problem

We left our episode last week with instructions to delete the TTFCACHE
file and the check the font substitution tables.

Both of these things have been done.

But the font still appears wrong in Pagemaker (and still appears
correctly in WordPerfect).

Any other suggestions?

av

2. Red white and blue ribbon

3. I've seen the future...

4. 1-Degree USGS Digital Elevation Models ( HELP! )

5. Gee, I've Seen....

6. LWPaneals.p?

7. A question about a clipart effect I've seen

8. video game company,who rocks?

9. The best short I've ever seen

10. Game company(I've seen the best)

11. First review I've seen of L6...

12. The best short I've ever seen

13. star wars like you've never ever seen it before