Can't compile Mesa library for DOS

Post by Mark McKa » Mon, 30 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I've spent the better part of the last week trying to get the DOS
version of Mesa to compile correctly on my WinNT 4.0 using Borland C++.
My intent is to produce a DOS style application with 320x200x256
graphics that I can distribute to machines that have only a DOS OS.

Anyway, the make for DOS assumes a Watcom compiler.  Even after
correcting for that, it insists on including nonexistant files and
linking them with a nonexistant linker.  I'm using the Mesa 2.6
distribution which I pulled off of the
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~brianp/Mesa.html website.

My question is  this: has anyone found a DOS version of Mesa that will
compile reliably?  Also, is it possible I could just take someone
else's  library that's already they've already compiled?

Mark

| Mark McKay - Hacker, news group lurker and nacho eater  |
|              extraordinare.     *********************** |
| Surf on over to my web page;    * If I could think of * |
|    there are some cool Java     * something witty, it * |
|    programs I wrote there.      * would go here...    * |
| http://www.kitfox.com           *********************** |

1. problem on compiling Mesa's example

Hi,

When I compile the Mesa's example by myself, the warning appear and is
shown as below:

[src]$ cc -o nurb nurb.c -lc -lm -lGL -lGLU -lglut -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-lXmu -lXext -lX11
nurb.c: In function `main':
nurb.c:323: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'
/usr/lib/libglut.so: undefined reference to `XGetExtensionVersion'
/usr/lib/libglut.so: undefined reference to `XFreeDeviceList'
/usr/lib/libglut.so: undefined reference to `XQueryDeviceState'
/usr/lib/libglut.so: undefined reference to `XListInputDevices'
/usr/lib/libglut.so: undefined reference to `XFreeDeviceState'
/usr/lib/libglut.so: undefined reference to `XOpenDevice'
/usr/lib/libglut.so: undefined reference to `XSelectExtensionEvent'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

My machine is running Redhat 6.0 with Mesa-3.1beta. I have try other
examples but the similar problems existed too. What's wrong? What can I
do now?

Thanks.

C.W. Tai.

2. Tutorials on box modeling

3. help - mesa won't compile

4. Super-slow-motion - suggestions?

5. Wanted: pre-compiled MESA DLL's for 3DFX (OPENGL32.DLL, GLU32.DLL, GLUT32.DLL)

6. How do you distort images?????

7. Compiling IJG's JPEG software using Watcom for DOS

8. Call for Papers "Simulation and Computer Animation"

9. WANTED: canned edge detection routines/graphics libraries

10. any port of Sam Leffler's TIFF imaging libraries to MS-Windows or DOS

11. Turbo C Functions and Libraries for working with AVI's in Dos mode