Tutorial on using Stencil Buffer

Post by Thakodo » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 18:08:05

Hi,

I need a good tutorial on Stencil Buffer
can anyone give me hint where i find one.

Micha.

Tutorial on using Stencil Buffer

Post by Alessandro Damian » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:12:55

On Thu, 07 Feb 2002 10:08:05 +0100

> Hi,

> I need a good tutorial on Stencil Buffer
> can anyone give me hint where i find one.

> Micha.

developer.nvidia.com

--

1. problem using stencil buffer for shadow volume

This may sound like a stupid question, but the problem I have is when I
try to project a dynamic shadow (using stencil buffer) to things like a
wall or roof, I run the risk of having shadows on both sides of
wall/roof, or having the shadow being cast through the wall/roof. The
root cause seems to be the length of the shadow volume that cuts
through polygons that it shouldn't. Is there any quick fix to this? Or
do I just have to make the wall and roof thick enough so that shadow
volume won't penetrate them?

Thanks for your help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. DynaMaSZ - 4D fractal generator -

3. Looking for: Shadow Methods using common Hardware features - An alternative to Stencil Buffer Method

4. Greeble for Max 3

5. FTP site

6. Clipping a Shadow Using the Stencil Buffer

7. infrared filter

8. Using the Stencil buffer and BSP effiency

9. stencil buffer sample program using GL_INVERT StencilOp

10. Using Stencil buffer ??

11. Showing depth complexity using stencil buffer

12. Using Stencil buffer + Clipping plane