: gluCylinder

Post by Neil J. Buesi » Sat, 11 May 1996 04:00:00

I am using gluCylinder to generate a cone.  However, it appears that
the normals it uses are based on it being true cylinder, not a cone.
Is this the 'behavior' of gluCylinder?  If so, is there any
alternatives (prior to writing my own routine).

Thanks,

        Neil Buesing

   Neil Buesing                     Computer Scientist, DEMACO, Inc.

   ph:  (217) 355-4748              Champaign, IL 61820
   fax: (217) 355-4749

1. gluCylinder and moving textures

Hi,

i am trying to make my own wormhole/tunnel-effekt. I created a cylinder with
gluCylinder() and mapped a texture on it. It works fine. But then i tried to
move that texture on the cylinder but I didn`t achieve it. How can I do
that? Is it possible with gluCylinder() or will i need my own cylinder
model? I even cannot map some part of the texture on the cylinder, only the
whole one.

Thanks,

Dirk.

p.s.: To achieve a good performance i don`t want to generate many cylinders
and move my camera.

2. FS: Amiga PAR, 1.7Gig HD. andTBC 4

3. orienting gluCylinder

4. check this code for bug please

5. gluCylinder and textures

6. change view angle

7. gluCylinder - shearing, confusion!

8. raster to vector convertion

9. gluCylinder - Rotation, intermittent drawing.

10. gluCylinder - between 2 vertices.

11. gluCylinder - big problems!

12. Strange lighting behavior with glusphere and glucylinder

13. gluCylinder Help