Need help: OpenGL in MFC MDI Application

Need help: OpenGL in MFC MDI Application

Post by k3 » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 07:53:10

Hi all!

I spent a whole day searching the web for tutorials on how to animate simple
objects in multiple child windows in a MDI application created with MFC.
Let's take an example of rotating objects in each child window.  Each child
window's view will call OnDraw which calls the function to draw the OpenGL
objects.  How do I make them all work concurrently or at least make it seem
like it is?  I know that a child window's call to a draw function cannot
stay in a loop or else the others will freeze right?

Any help would be very appreciated... links to tutorials would be nice too.
I tried NeHe tutorials already and found nothing for child windows.

Regards,

Lee

Need help: OpenGL in MFC MDI Application

Post by BOB » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:28:45

Lee,
A tutorial by "Joel Parris" has an example of exactly that. His opengl examples
use an MFC nonDoc/View app based on the book by Jeff Prosise.
BobP
MONTREAL