NeHe 3D Fonts in MFC

Post by Richard » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to use the NeHe 3D font code in an MFC app but I'm having
trouble. I can build the NeHe example but can't understand how to translate
it into an existing MFC app that has a dialog device context. Does anyone
know of other code examples?

TIA

NeHe 3D Fonts in MFC

Post by Franck Guillau » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

        Hello,

> I am trying to use the NeHe 3D font code in an MFC app but I'm having
> trouble. I can build the NeHe example but can't understand how to translate
> it into an existing MFC app that has a dialog device context. Does anyone
> know of other code examples?

> TIA

   You'll find code at codeguru.com, opengl section.

   I' use the class provided for 3D fonts in my own programs. Works
well,
but I've some problems with the win98 Microsoft implmentation. Let me
known
if it works for you.

                  Franck.

NeHe 3D Fonts in MFC

Post by Richard » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>    You'll find code at codeguru.com, opengl section.

>    I' use the class provided for 3D fonts in my own programs. Works
> well,
> but I've some problems with the win98 Microsoft implmentation. Let me
> known
> if it works for you.

>                   Franck.

Thanks for the recommendation, Franck. I did see this code and I built the
sample. It displays in a CView and I was not too sure about how to convert
it to display in a CDialog. How difficult would that be?

Thanks.

Richard C

NeHe 3D Fonts in MFC

Post by Franck Guillau » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

   No problems at all, my actual rendering code also
display opengl in a dialog.. The only important thing
to have is a valid rendering context.

              Franck.

> >    You'll find code at codeguru.com, opengl section.

> >    I' use the class provided for 3D fonts in my own programs. Works
> > well,
> > but I've some problems with the win98 Microsoft implmentation. Let me
> > known
> > if it works for you.

> >                   Franck.

> Thanks for the recommendation, Franck. I did see this code and I built the
> sample. It displays in a CView and I was not too sure about how to convert
> it to display in a CDialog. How difficult would that be?

> Thanks.

> Richard C

1. 3D fonts, 3D fonts from 2D fonts, common fonts data

Hi everybody,

i'd like to use some fonts in 3D for a logo, for that i
have several questions:

1.
Can i download 3D fonts somewhere?  (And info or example
code how to render the data in OpenGL)?

2.
Can i generate 3D fonts from 2D fonts?
Like give them a depth and smooth the edges (45 degree)?
This should be a common algorithm, has anybody done that?

Regards,
Torsten.

2. Help needed with metallic background

3. Problem with 3D fonts (i've seen the MFC text tutorial)

4. TAnimate and Transparent

5. Display 3D Font in MFC program

6. NEED INFO ON SCANNING

7. Stroked Text placed in 3D (Nehe Lesson14) ?

8. wgl font on Windows (+MFC)

9. Internation font print out in MFC

10. Fonts and MFC/OpenGL

11. Windows 95 mfc - Opengl Fonts