triangle strip algorithm from SGI

Post by balme.. » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi I saw that SGI distribute a triangle stripping algorithm on the
developper CD, do you
know where i can get the code on-line?

thanks!!

(Please answer by email, i will post the location)

1. Algorithm to combine triangle meshes into triangle strips

I am looking for an algorithm to convert a triangle mesh into
triangle strips (to be used for more efficient display on SGI
graphics hardware.)  The triangle mesh, by my definition, is a
set of triangles that share between 1 and 3 edges with another
triangle(s).  A triangle strip, as per the GL/OpenGL format, is
an ordered set of triangles (usually more than two) that share
two edges with neighboring triangles, except for the first and
last triangle in the set who only share edges with one triangle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Keith Fry
University of Michigan

2. jobs: positions in 3d development

3. Triangle-Strip Algorithm Needed

4. Looking for non-interactive snapshot utility

5. Realtime triangle strip generation algorithms

6. Motion Designer

7. Triangle-Strip Algorithm Needed

8. SGI RGB format

9. triangle strip algorithms

10. Triangle Strips algorithms

11. Triangle-Strip Algorithm Needed

12. Triangle Strip Preserving LOD (T-Strip LOD)