help, Moving around in a simple fix world. (Simple).

help, Moving around in a simple fix world. (Simple).

Post by Peter Molyne » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I want to set up a simple world of polygons.
Wich I have done.
Then I wont to move around.
When moving forward I simpley increase the Z-value in gluLookAt(....).
But is there a simple way to turn around so I'm looking in a
diffrent direction?

I've just started this stuff so my way of doing it is probably
a slow way. I would be glad of some ides on how to do it.

Thanx.       Peter

Post by Andrew F. Vespe » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> I want to set up a simple world of polygons.
> Wich I have done.
> Then I wont to move around.
> When moving forward I simpley increase the Z-value in gluLookAt(....).
> But is there a simple way to turn around so I'm looking in a
> diffrent direction?

The arguments to gluLookAt include a camera (eye) position and a
center-of-attention position. If you change these parameters, you will
change your view direction.

You can also use glRotate and glTranslate and all the other matrix
manipulation routines right after gluLookAt.
--
Andy V (OpenGL Alpha Geek)
Non erravi perniciose!

1. Need help w/ simple simple 2D thing

Hey, everyone. I have a problem which, after reading the FAQ, I'm
certain is a very simple problem.

I have a 2d array of integer values, say from 0-9, each of which
represents a different color. I would like to display this array
in 2d, like a political map where each color represented a country.

Anyway, I know I could do the really wasteful procedure:

        loop through i {
                loop through j {
                        draw a little box of color (array[i][j]);
                        }
                }

but this seems.. stupid. Is there some way to describe the map instead
as a collection of sets of line segments such that each of these sets
can be passed, say, to postscript's "fill" operator?

Can anyone out there help? Thanks...

"A spokesman for the Lyon Group, producers of _Barney and Friends_, denied
that Barney is an instrument of Satan."        --the Advocate, spring 1994

                   Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

2. Quicktime generation problems

3. Need simple help for this simple idiot.

4. flattening and merging

5. Simple coloring of simple objects - help.

6. Now Available, Digital Pastels on CD!

7. Moving around a 3d world

8. clutching at straws

9. Moving around an opengl "world"

10. !!!! SIMPLE PROBLEM needs SIMPLE TOOL !!!!!

11. A SIMPLE QUESTION=A SIMPLE ANSWER RIGHT???

12. Simple Task, Simple Question

13. simple question for a simple mind (mine!)