Again about PRINTING !

Post by toade » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

This problem was already discussed here, but strict solution wasn't found.
I have to print out my OpenGL picture.

1st way:
Copy window client area to memory bitmap and print that bitmap.
It works but what an awful resolution I get !  Rough square points ...
Of course I'm not satisfied with such quality.

2st way was slightly touched in MS OpenGL help file:
They offer to use metafiles, created "from" printer's
device context.
This method doesn't works at me. Proramm fails to set pixel format.
(I use Windows 95 OSR2 and SGI's OpenGL v1.1)

Any help is highly welcome !

Again about PRINTING !

Post by Uwe Kotyczk » Sat, 16 May 1998 04:00:00

> This problem was already discussed here, but strict solution wasn't found.
> I have to print out my OpenGL picture.

> 1st way:
> Copy window client area to memory bitmap and print that bitmap.
> It works but what an awful resolution I get !  Rough square points ...
> Of course I'm not satisfied with such quality.

> 2st way was slightly touched in MS OpenGL help file:
> They offer to use metafiles, created "from" printer's
> device context.
> This method doesn't works at me. Proramm fails to set pixel format.
> (I use Windows 95 OSR2 and SGI's OpenGL v1.1)

> Any help is highly welcome !

Have a look at
http://www.codeguru.com/opengl/printing.shtml
(if haven't already done)

I tried to do this for printing my OpenGl pictures
but I did not work either. When I try - as suggested in the article -
to create the OpenGl printer context:

HGLRC hGlRcPrinter = wglCreateContext(pDC->GetSaveHDC());

then "wglCreateContext" always return the NULL pointer.
No idea why.

If you find an acceptable way for printing I would be intersted too.

E-mail preferred.

Uwe Kotyczka.

Again about PRINTING !

Post by Mike » Mon, 18 May 1998 04:00:00

The slowness of any solution for win95 probably has to
do with the not having the GL streams (GLS) standard. I don't
know what the holdup is. Being able to print is not a
priority issue I guess. Cartoons are more fun. NT uses
a form of GLS for rendering to a printer device context.
Not so with win95. My suggestion would be to use NT.

mike

:
:1st way:
:Copy window client area to memory bitmap and print that bitmap.
:It works but what an awful resolution I get !  Rough square points ...
:Of course I'm not satisfied with such quality.
:
:2st way was slightly touched in MS OpenGL help file:
:They offer to use metafiles, created "from" printer's
:device context.
:This method doesn't works at me. Proramm fails to set pixel format.
:(I use Windows 95 OSR2 and SGI's OpenGL v1.1)
:
:Any help is highly welcome !
:
:
:
:
:

1. Print size again, but in English

    I get all mixed up with your dividing pixels etc.
I just got a Digital camera, and would really appreciate some answers
without all that Dividing  as I don't get it.
    First off I take all pictures at 2272 X 1704.
Could I just have the setting for 8 X 11, 3.5 X 5, 4 X 6  straight out to
make it simple for this old mind of mine

    If I go into print size it says 3.5 X 5 = 180 X 243, 4 X 6 = 288 X 432,
8.5 X 11 = 612 X 782. I'm talking PSP 7.04 and using the print size portion
to get those figures.

Also the setting is Default 72 Pixels per inch, what does that = in DPI ?
Meaning for Photo output should I increase that to 150 ?

Just to clarify I use a HP 990 which prints " Fit to page " but I do have to
trim most of the time.

I read the one Bob posted like ####/### =   and that made no sense to me,
sorry .

2. Offscreen Graphics

3. CMYK printing again

4. Newsgroup Pictures

5. Print text, again

6. CA Animation Schools?

7. Once again: Printing and OpenGl (VC++5.0)

8. 20/10/98

9. printing (again...)

10. Printing (again)

11. Graphic printing slowly - Again

12. Again and again the same thing - please help!

13. Hey JACK!!! re KPT3 dll files again AGAIN