OpenGL on X11 Thread issues

Post by Theodore Witka » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 03:52:27

Do the glx commands produce X11 Events and if so do they need to be
synchronized with the X11 event thread?

I have a OpenGL rendering thread and during initialization the first
frame only renders the textures  or the program exits with "XIO error
0". This only occurs during initialization.

thanks.

OpenGL on X11 Thread issues

Post by JB Wes » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:18:22

Yes, and yes.

Quote:> Do the glx commands produce X11 Events and if so do they need to be
> synchronized with the X11 event thread?

> I have a OpenGL rendering thread and during initialization the first
> frame only renders the textures  or the program exits with "XIO error
> 0". This only occurs during initialization.

> thanks.

1. LW6.5 r2 beta, Multi-threading issue + Baker issue

I'm experiencing constant Layout crashes when rendering.  Layout will just
terminate a few seconds into a render.  I changed to 1-thread which seems to
have made rendering much more stable.  Is this a known multi-threading
problem with 6.5 R2 Beta?

Also, Baker crashes when rendering it in layout if 2 or more threads are
used.  Again 1 thread stabalises the problem.  However, even with 1-thread,
a Baker render crashes when radiosity is turned on.  This may not be true
for all situations but certainly on the half dozen scenes I've tested its
crashed on all of them.

On the plus side, Modeler is much quicker and usable and the new Atlas UV
mapping has worked without a hitch.  Layout Render speeds are much quicker
with the optimisation option turned on.  I'm currently using the software
with the hub off option just to make sure that any issues cannot be
attributed to it.

Any help with the multi-threadind issue would be appreciated.

TIA

2. Problem with LW in Win98...

3. OCX Problem with Multi-threaded Issue

4. PM4 to PM6 Upgrade? WIN: Possible?

5. openGL/X11 gammaramp ?

6. JPEG Repair

7. Problem with OpenGL and threads