Moving camera with moving objects in Inventor

Moving camera with moving objects in Inventor

Post by Krishna M. Sadasiva » Mon, 24 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to incorporate a moving camera that follows an object on the
scene graph. I've tried adding translations to the camera, much like
I've done the moving object, but that doesn't seem to work. Is there
an efficient manner by which the camera can be set up to follow a moving
object?

Thanks kindly in advance!

Krishna M. Sadasivam

Post by Template Graphics Softwa » Mon, 24 Mar 1997 04:00:00

: I am trying to incorporate a moving camera that follows an object on the
: scene graph. I've tried adding translations to the camera, much like
: I've done the moving object, but that doesn't seem to work. Is there
: an efficient manner by which the camera can be set up to follow a moving
: object?

You can do it programmatically by attaching a node sensor to the transform
node that moves the object.  In your callback function for the sensor you
can change the camera position/orientation as necessary.

-MikeH
 TGS Inc - www.tgs.com

1. Moving camera with moving objects in Inventor

I am trying to incorporate a moving camera that follows an object on the
scene graph. I've tried adding translations to the camera, much like
I've done the moving object, but that doesn't seem to work. Is there
an efficient manner by which the camera can be set up to follow a moving
object?

Thanks kindly in advance!

Krishna M. Sadasivam

2. I need ImageReady animation help please

3. Light blockers moving when the camera moves

4. Fast graphics primitives

5. PoV-Ray 3.1: Acceleration/deceleration of a moving camera/object's speed

6. Inventor

7. How to attach camera to a moving object

8. Media Update: Nov 25th

9. for moving just one object of entiral objects...

10. The mouse move make graphic data move

11. Inventor error when moving light

12. Question about Inventor and "Moving Worlds"

13. Convenient matrix notation for moving a raytracer camera?