A simple way to write a piece of text

A simple way to write a piece of text

Post by keets » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:57:25



Hello

I'm looking for a simple way to write a piece of text in a selected font in
OpenGL.

For exemple, to write a white text next to a sphere object.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

 
 
 

A simple way to write a piece of text

Post by JP » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:06:00


See NeHe's text tutorials at http://nehe.gamedev.net/


> Hello

> I'm looking for a simple way to write a piece of text in a selected font
in
> OpenGL.

> For exemple, to write a white text next to a sphere object.

> Does anyone know how to do this?

> Thanks.


 
 
 

A simple way to write a piece of text

Post by Erik Loe » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:08:44


For each letter you have to make a displaylist.
Three examples can be found at this link:

http://nehe.gamedev.net/opengl3.asp

Erik.


> Hello

> I'm looking for a simple way to write a piece of text in a selected font
in
> OpenGL.

> For exemple, to write a white text next to a sphere object.

> Does anyone know how to do this?

> Thanks.

 
 
 

A simple way to write a piece of text

Post by keets » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:40:42


I've seen those already. I wish there was another way to do this.



> See NeHe's text tutorials at http://nehe.gamedev.net/


> > Hello

> > I'm looking for a simple way to write a piece of text in a selected font
> in
> > OpenGL.

> > For exemple, to write a white text next to a sphere object.

> > Does anyone know how to do this?

> > Thanks.

 
 
 

A simple way to write a piece of text

Post by zed » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 06:24:08



> I've seen those already. I wish there was another way to do this.



>>See NeHe's text tutorials at http://nehe.gamedev.net/


>>>Hello

>>>I'm looking for a simple way to write a piece of text in a selected font

>>in

>>>OpenGL.

>>>For exemple, to write a white text next to a sphere object.

>>>Does anyone know how to do this?

>>>Thanks.

check out the faq, also goto www.opengl.org check the rightsid of the
page this is a link describing various ways of getting text onto the
screen, (btw using a texture is the normal method used by all games eg
quake3)

--
lets hear it for billy bollux and his bouncing balls
http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/kea/kea.html

 
 
 

1. Simple ways to animate flying plane?

I'm running a small plane over a terrain - but I'm having difficulty getting
it to bank and turn well!

Trajectory from a spline

Then manually adding the direction and banking rotation key by key...looks
rubbish

Any better ways of doing it!

Cheers

Doug

2. Constructing 3d grid structure?

3. Help: writing text to window--controlling text size

4. Spare 5 minutes to read this

5. Simple C graphics file read/write library wanted

6. image width & glDrawPixels

7. writing a simple ray tracing program for linux

8. After writing a simple ray tracer...

9. writing a simple ray tracing program for linux

10. simple TIFF read/write algorithms needed

11. writing a simple ray tracing program for linux