Problems with drawing Objects from the AUX-Library

Post by Andrew F. Vespe » Sat, 15 Sep 2001 10:38:11

> I have trouble drawing objects from the AUX-Library.
> If I just do...
>     auxSolidSphere(10.0f);
> ...it draws the sphere very fine. Even when I use this command
> in a loop it works good. But my programm works in that way
> that I calculate some 3D-coordinates an render them after each
> calculation step. This works fine for one calculation (many spheres).
> The problem is if I start a new calculation and so create new
> rendereing context and so on - no spheres are rendered any more.

auxSolidSphere puts the drawing commands in a display list, and
doesn't know you have switched rendering contexts on it. Thus,
it believes that it has already created the display list, and just uses it.

Quote:> I thought I solved the problem with putting the command between
> these statements...
>     glBegin(GL_POINTS);
>         auxWireCube(10.0f);
>     glEnd();

This causes the glNewList and the glBegin inside auxWireCube (is
this a deliberate change?) to fail silently. It also causes the glGenList
call to return 0, which allows the aux routine to believe it needs to
generate the list next time.

Quote:> ...yeah so it draws the spheres but somehow allocates memory for
> each sphere which isn't freed till the program exits. So my memory
> gets blown up (2MB/s or so).

For this I don't have an hypothesis.

Quote:> Can you give me some advice???

Don't use aux. Use GLUT instead.
--
Andy V (OpenGL Alpha Geek)
"In order to make progress, one must leave the door to the unknown ajar."

Paul Martz's OpenGL FAQ: http://www.opengl.org/developers/faqs/technical.html

1. aux.c-aux.h Problem

Hello

I have downloaded the libaux.tar file and tried to extract it, but my
Serial ports are named aux too and so any try to extract them shot down
the computer. Is there anyone who could send me these two files renamed
two aux1.c and aux1.h ? This would be a very great help
Thanks
Marcus

2. Need DirectX or OpenGL example

3. WANTED: Object Oriented Drawing Package Library (Off-The-Shelf)

4. Help: MV93 movie file format?

5. WANTED: Object Oriented Drawing "Library"

6. printing PostScript files

7. put drawing object inside another drawing object

8. AUX library?

9. Status of GLUT and AUX libraries

10. Can I create menu with AUX library?

11. Initializing Window Size using AUX library

12. aux Library and DIBs