Wrong textures appearing on my objects.

Post by Jason Heye » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:10:04

I am rendering a list of textured elements using OpenGL. The scene looks
right provided I don't try to sort the list prior to rendering. How can
sorting result in wrong textures appearing on my objects? Thanks.

Wrong textures appearing on my objects.

Post by Poison6 » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:16:48

Quote:> I am rendering a list of textured elements using OpenGL. The scene looks
> right provided I don't try to sort the list prior to rendering. How can
> sorting result in wrong textures appearing on my objects? Thanks.

    hmm, why don't u post ANY code ?

--
   Poison64
   poison64(aT)poczta.onet.pl || poison64(aT)op.pl

Wrong textures appearing on my objects.

Post by Suzanne Voge » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 06:23:19

You must (I assume, without seeing code) be binding the texture (via
glBindTexture()) for one element to a different element. Probably you
sort elements but forget to sort texture IDs, too.

You should probably store your elements as objects, with data members of
texture ID, vertices, etc. Then, when you sort the objects, the texture
IDs will automatically get sorted, too.

Put in some print statements to test the original texture ID for each
element vs. the texture ID right before that element is rendered. They
should be the same, but probably they're not.

Don't know...
Suzanne

> I am rendering a list of textured elements using OpenGL. The scene looks
> right provided I don't try to sort the list prior to rendering. How can
> sorting result in wrong textures appearing on my objects? Thanks.

1. let the mesh of an object appear

Hallo you guys,

I have a little problem: I want to build a floor-plane with POV-RAY -
so far there is no problem, but I do not want a Texture, instead I wish
to make the mesh of the plane visible. Is there a way to do this without a
image-map? (with 3DS4 you can choose this option in the texture-setup,
so it is no problem)

Please answer also to my EMail address.
Thank you.
Christian Ordig

2. Move scene plug-in

3. Could someone tell me how to make an object appear to be glowing...thanks

4. Cloth Rendering in 3ds?

5. Could someone tell me how to make an object appear to be gl

6. Cyclist, is this plug in really worth the hassle

7. objects appearing and disappearing

8. skytracer clouds appear behind objects

9. Appearing and Vanishing Objects

10. >>REQ:Help on objects Appearing from Nowhere

11. objects behind appearing infront?

12. Problem with 3D object appearing 2D