SGI release OpenGL window / GLX API as Open Source to bring hardware accel to Linux

SGI release OpenGL window / GLX API as Open Source to bring hardware accel to Linux

Post by Bjorn Lindgre » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Silicon Graphics just released the OpenGL X window
API (also know as 'GLX') as Open Source to bring
true hardware accellerated OpenGL to Linux, BSD,
and other free UNIX's.

The press release can be found at:

http://www.sgi.com/newsroom/press_releases/1999/february/opengl.html

- Bjorn Lindgren

1. Slow OpenGL, how to enable hardware accel?

Hi there,

Why while programming OpenGL (even with GL_POINTS Modelview) in a large
window the image is quite slow, even with a G400 Matrox?

I mean, if you reduce the window size, it becomes a lot faster but the
amount of points to calculate hasn't changed.

Can anybody explain to me how to enable hardware acceleration if this would
solve my problem?

Thanks

2. VB.NET, cards.dll, PictureBox

3. OpenGL hardware accel - how?

4. Wanted: information on Grad School (please)

5. How to determine hardware accel in OpenGL

6. Anybody help with an animation query

7. Howto disable hardware accel OpenGL

8. WTB LW v5 or v4

9. Help with NT4 + OpenGL + 3D Hardware Accel

10. MGA Millenium hardware OpenGL accel

11. Fullscreen hardware accel in Delphi via OpenGL

12. OpenGL accel. on SGI O2/R10K