closing a GLUI window without closing a GLUT window

closing a GLUI window without closing a GLUT window

Post by IsaGi » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Greetings everyone,

Looks like there is almost not any documentation on the web for GLUI
usage... How can one close a GLUI window without clsing all the GLUT windows
running underneath? The typical command to close a window would be:

glui->add_button( "Close",0, (GLUI_Update_CB)exit);

But that exists out of the program... Is there another function that I could
use instead of exit to jump out of the GLUI window back to the original GLUT
window?

Thanks!

Gilles

[...]

1. Call to close GLUI (sub)window crashes the app within glut

I'm trying to open and close additional windows within GLUI app,
opening new GLUI window (or subwindow) works fine, but when I try to close
the window I've just opened
the application crashes within GLUT.

Here is the list box callback that opens and closes the window.

void ParamListBoxCallBack( int inListBoxID )
{

    if ( gParamDetailSubWin )
    {
        gParamDetailSubWin->close();   // THIS CALL CRASHES THE APP, IT
FAILS WITHIN GLUT
    }

    gParamDetailSubWin = GLUI_Master.create_glui("TEST WINDOW");
    gParamDetailSubWin->set_main_gfx_window( gGLUTMainWin );

    gParamDetailSubWin->add_statictext( "NEW PARAMETER SELECTED" );

Any idea how to fix this?
Am I doing something wrong?

Is this expected behavior?
Will it change in the next version of GLUI?
Is there going to be next version of GLUI?
Is there any other UI lib I could use, that is as simple and as nice as GLUI
(but does not crash :) ) ?

Thanks.

Nenad

2. Provider is looking for designer !!

3. GLUT top level window closing

4. Special Effects for Video?

5. Close Button for GLUT Window

6. Help: Use of Algorithm Analysis Research in SETI?????

7. how to detect closing of glut main window ?

8. GLUT close-window behavior

9. problem closing GLUT windows (win32)

10. GLUT: closing windows

11. GLUI Example of Multiple GLUT Windows

12. Slow closing windows