Using Stencil buffer ??

Post by YongSik Ki » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello all,

Can any one help me using stencil buffer by introducing an example ?

Regards.

1. problem using stencil buffer for shadow volume

This may sound like a stupid question, but the problem I have is when I
try to project a dynamic shadow (using stencil buffer) to things like a
wall or roof, I run the risk of having shadows on both sides of
wall/roof, or having the shadow being cast through the wall/roof. The
root cause seems to be the length of the shadow volume that cuts
through polygons that it shouldn't. Is there any quick fix to this? Or
do I just have to make the wall and roof thick enough so that shadow
volume won't penetrate them?

Thanks for your help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. multitexturing problem/question

3. Tutorial on using Stencil Buffer

4. Menu item bitmaps

5. Showing depth complexity using stencil buffer

6. How to save the window to a picture?

7. Using Stencil buffer + Clipping plane

8. crack for corel draw 9 trial version

9. Q: Drawing Polygons Using Stencil Buffer

10. Silhouette using stencil buffer

11. How to make fade using stencil buffer

12. Fade using stencil buffer

13. Looking for: Shadow Methods using common Hardware features - An alternative to Stencil Buffer Method