JackPot

Post by Sebasti├ín Streig » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:43:32

Hi OpenGL masters:
I'm a clarion developer. Clario is a RAD tool for windows, mostly used
for DB applications.
I was assigned to build a JackPot program.
The language has a few basic image facilities but sure I won't be able
to do big things. I was wandering if it would be easy to defin 3
cilinders, paste on them some bitmaps.
Then I would like to make them rotate to show a natural effect.
Would this be too hard with OpenGL?

I already got the prototypes translated to clarion languaje, and I'm
used to prototyping and calling functions in other dlls.

I have a few time to "embellish" the JackPot machime,
and the ugly graphics made with the language primitives would be
accepted by my manager, but I would like to do it look cool.

Atre there any other tools that would I need?

Thanks in advance

Sebastin Streiger

JackPot

Post by Alex Mizrah » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 03:46:14

Hello, Sebastin!
You wrote  on 24 Jun 2003 14:43:32 -0700:

 SS> Hi OpenGL masters:
 SS> I'm a clarion developer. Clario is a RAD tool for windows, mostly
 SS> used for DB applications.
 SS> I was assigned to build a JackPot program.
 SS> The language has a few basic image facilities but sure I won't be
 SS> able to do big things. I was wandering if it would be easy to defin
 SS> 3 cilinders, paste on them some bitmaps.
 SS> Then I would like to make them rotate to show a natural effect.
 SS> Would this be too hard with OpenGL?

quite easy

 SS> I already got the prototypes translated to clarion languaje, and I'm
 SS> used to prototyping and calling functions in other dlls.

 SS> I have a few time to "embellish" the JackPot machime,  and the ugly
 SS> graphics made with the language primitives would be accepted by my
 SS> manager, but I would like to do it look cool.

 SS> Atre there any other tools that would I need?

i think there is no need in additional tools for such task.

With best regards, Alex Mizrahi aka killer_storm.

1. Earth maps!! I hit the jackpot.

I found the site where etopo5.dos came from... and it has a map for just
about everything(so far)... it even gives the format :) its at

ftp://ftp.ngdc.noaa.gov/Solid_Earth/

I've only looked at a couple of dir's, so there might even be more. I'm
d/l a better earth map(etopo5.dos) called tbase.bin, its supose to be
better. Well, gotta go. cya.

2. Texture Mapping/Color Lookup Tables/Window Leveling