Text in OpenGL

Post by Steve Bake » Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I am trying to put strings (tags for names of various objects like
> points, lines etc.) It seems there is no in-built facility to print
> text on the drawing area.

If you are using GLUT then there are built-in functions for
rendering both bit-mapped and vector-font text.

You could also check out GLTT

  http://home.worldnet.fr/~rehel/gltt/gltt.html

it's *VERY* fancy.

Also this one (which relies on storing fonts in texture
maps - which is certainly the *FASTEST* way to draw text
in OpenGL):

  http://reality.sgi.com/opengl/tips/TexFont/TexFont.html

--

Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)

1. Rotating text in OpenGL

Hello,

Is there a simple method to rotate fonts in OpenGL.

I previously used the SGI Font Manager library weive the
working in GL but I cannot figure out how to achivec the
same results in OpenGL.

I have managed to display some text on the screen but I would
like to rotate this by 90 degrees.

Thank in advance for any help..

---

Glenn Atter
Chemistry Department
University of York
England

2. color seperations,registrations,printing

3. text and OpenGL

4. TARGA files: PC to Mac

5. Text in OpenGL

6. Req: HELP printing text without the mask pm 6.0

7. displaying text in opengl

8. Text in OpenGL

9. Text in OpenGL (2 questions)

10. Text in OpenGL