OBJECT COLLISION

Post by Alex Noer » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Ok.  I am not sure how to approach this so I thought I would ask this
question.  How does one go about detecting collisions of 3d objects?  I am
building, for the fun of it, a 3d cannon fodder game and need collision code
for projectiles.  I also need a method for simulating a camera view that I
can move about.

Thanks,
Alex

OBJECT COLLISION

Post by Jongwhan Le » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi Alex,

Using bouding boxes is quite easy.

For sliding effects , you need ray and place checking after
bouding box or sphere check.

go to
www.flipcode.com
There is a cool collison checking source there.

Collision checking isn't simple stuff.
For game, a little low accuracy can be accepted.

1. 3d object collision detection

 NN>       Get the free C++ package "Proxima", which can be found in
 NN> Gopherspace.
 NN> General high-speed polyhedral collision detection, no more, no less.

GEE, THAT SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!

But what is Gopherspace? Is it an ftp site? Is this a package of source
code?
I'm going to need a bit more info to get this package, but thanks!
I'm developing a 3d game, and the less time I have to spend re-inventing
the wheel by developing 3d code that others have already done, the sooner
I can get on with developing my game! :)

-- Via DLG Pro v1.0

2. how to capture stills from a hi cam tape?

3. Problem with Wax Seal

4. X simulate a objects collision?

5. gif converter

6. dynamics:object collision has a little prob

7. KPT Classics Problem

8. Maya: Object Collision Trace Depth?

9. 3d object collision

10. Object collision detection

11. Triangle mesh object collision optimisations

12. Particles to Object Collision Detection bad in LW6.5b?