GLUT for Windows NT and Windows 95

Post by Nate Robi » Tue, 12 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: |> [...]
: |> wondering if anyone has ported the GLUT to NT.

: A freely distributable OpenGL Utility Toolkit (GLUT) library
: for Windows NT 3.5 (and presumably Windows 95) is in the works.
: I'm not the one working on it, so I'll leave it to Nate to
: explain the status of his work.  From the status message he sent
: to me, it sounds reasonably far along.

Yes, we are fairly far along, there are only a few things left to implement.
We are currently distributing alpha versions of the port to anyone that
would like a copy.  It currently compiles using Visual C++ 2.2, and most of
the example programs work.  I have tested it successfully under Windows NT

-Nate

--
    /|   .--.--
   / |  /(___)

GLUT for Windows NT and Windows 95

Post by Nate Robi » Thu, 14 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Due to popular demand, I've put the alpha GLUT-NT distribution on a web site.

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~narobins/opengl.html

This is a source code only distribution.  I have compiled it successfully
under Windows NT 3.51, and Windows 95 using the MS Visual C++ 2.2 compiler.

If needed, I can distribute a compiled distribution for NT and 95
(including the examples).

See the README.nt included in the distribution for more information.

One small note: it is called GLUT-NT, but the same source code works on NT
and 95.

-Nate

--
    /|   .--.--
   / |  /(___)   Nate Robins

.'   |/  \___/   http://www.cs.utah.edu/~narobins  (opengl + glut for NT/95)

GLUT for Windows NT and Windows 95

Post by 54401-92 HUNG Chi W » Fri, 15 Dec 1995 04:00:00

As I got no reply from Nate after sending him the requesting mail, the
mail may be lost or something else. Therefore, I would appreciate Nate
post here his NT GLUT version location such as ftp site etc.

Thanks in advance.

Charles Hung.

Nate Robins

: : |> [...]
: : |> wondering if anyone has ported the GLUT to NT.

: : A freely distributable OpenGL Utility Toolkit (GLUT) library
: : for Windows NT 3.5 (and presumably Windows 95) is in the works.
: : I'm not the one working on it, so I'll leave it to Nate to
: : explain the status of his work.  From the status message he sent
: : to me, it sounds reasonably far along.

: Yes, we are fairly far along, there are only a few things left to implement.
: We are currently distributing alpha versions of the port to anyone that
: would like a copy.  It currently compiles using Visual C++ 2.2, and most of
: the example programs work.  I have tested it successfully under Windows NT

: -Nate

: --
:     /|   .--.--
:    / |  /(___)
:   /  | / /   \   Nate Robins

Post by Nate Robi » Mon, 18 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: As I got no reply from Nate after sending him the requesting mail, the
: mail may be lost or something else. Therefore, I would appreciate Nate
: post here his NT GLUT version location such as ftp site etc.

Sorry Charles, I don't remember receiving your mail, but I got an unexpectedly
large amount of mail after the announcement on the Net.  I may have lost it in
all the hubub of trying to get GLUT out to everyone that requested it.
In order to remedy that situation, I've put the GLUT for NT/95 source code on
my Web page.  You should be able to download it from the following URL:

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~narobins/opengl.html

There is a link there to the GLUT distribution for Windows NT & Windows 95.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

-Nate

--
    /|   .--.--
   / |  /(___)   Nate Robins

.'   |/  \___/   http://www.cs.utah.edu/~narobins  (opengl + GLUT for NT/95)

1. RenderDotC - a free scanline renderer for Windows '95 and Windows NT

Dot C Software, Inc. has just released a photorealistic scanline renderer,
RenderDotC Version 1.0, for Windows '95 and Windows NT.  It can be
downloaded at http://www.lava.net/dotc.  Take a look at it and be amazed
with the quality.  It comes complete with a conversion tool to convert RIB
to RDC, and online help.

Erik Bulman
Dot C Software

2. Wanted for cash. Siggraph proceedings for the following years.

3. Windows 95 vs. Windows NT

4. HELP!

5. Windows 95 vs. Windows NT rendering speed

6. BEGINNER HELP: Camera look at

7. Windows 95 and Windows NT issues.

8. SoGlut component

9. Windows 95 to be replaced by Windows NT?

10. glReadPixels(): works under Windows 95, doesn't work under Windows NT

11. Windows NT and 95 or NT alone?

12. HELP: GLUT on X Window running on Windows 95