help: bad request to X server while rendering gluNurbsSurface

help: bad request to X server while rendering gluNurbsSurface

Post by Madhuri SET » Sat, 08 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I'm trying to render a gluNurbsSurface (with texture mapped on ).
I gluLookAt it from different viewing angles;
it works fine from less oblique angles, but at one particular oblique angle
the whole thing crashes and I get the following error message:

X Error of failed request:  BadRequest
(invalid request code or no such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  0 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  54
  Current serial number in output stream:  53

1) Can someone help me trap this message?
   I'm using the aux/tk library to do all the windowing.

   I've used the glGetError function and I get "no error".
   but I don't know whether I'm using the function in the right place -
   I've tried calling it in "display", both immediately before and
   immediately after the gluBeginSurface/gluEndSurface pair.

2) I'm also having trouble using the gluNurbCallBack routine.
   How should I specify the fn parameter?

1. gluNurbsSurface not rendering nearly flat surfaces

Hi,
I'm on Windows2000 using the libraries supplied by Microsoft.

I'm having a problem with some surfaces not rendering with
gluNurbsSurface. All of the surfaces showing this problem are nearly
flat and untrimmed. No error is produced; they just don't draw. If I
reduce the number of control points I can get them to draw, so
apparently too much definition is a problem.

I'm also having a problem with some surfaces producing a "knot
multiplicity greater than order of spline" error which I asked about in
a previous post (see "NURBS Error from gluNurbsSurface (knot
multiplicity)" from June 3). I googled through the archives for this
newsgroup and didn't find anyone else mentioning either of these
problems. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one. I'm starting to
get a pursecution complex. Most other surfaces render fine, so I don't
think I'm doing anything grossly wrong. Are these known problems?

If anyone is interested in trying to render with my data I can post data
for one of the No-Render-But-No-Error surfaces. The smallest is 4x12
control points. However, the Knot-Multiplicity-Error surfaces are far
too large to post here, but I might be able to arrange a download
location from our Web site. Let me know.

Thanks much,
John

2. TQRChart

3. Need help to set up rendering server

4. ATTN. NEW GROUP GRAPHIC ELITE SIGN UP

5. Bad bad bad color from printer

6. Capturing screen on directx

7. Rendering help requested

8. Single mesh..multiple surfaces?

9. Knots in gluNurbsSurface<----plz help

10. Request for Server Overlay Example

11. Request for removal from the server list.

12. bad avi renderings