Hardware support?

Post by Michael Vittru » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:13:22

Hi all; I'm new here and I really hope some wizards out there can help me-

I have this Voodoo1 card and it runs Quake2 (in opengl) pretty nice -
however, I just can't make my own code use the Voodoo card (in fullscreen
640x480x16; I /am/ aware of that .-), in fact it seems that my code
apparantly only uses the Matrox Millenium card installed as default
hardware accelerator?

Not even a large filled cube can be done on my system (PII/350, Voodoo,
Matrox Millenium, W2K) - and some demo examples I've downloaded can be run
in 30 fps on a similar system, but I get only 1fps or something like that?

Is there any way I can force my OpenGL application (VC++) to use the
Voodoo instead of the Matrox card, and HOW is it done?

Thx,

  // Michael

Hardware support?

Post by Lucian Wisch » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:17:45

Quote:>Is there any way I can force my OpenGL application (VC++) to use the
>Voodoo instead of the Matrox card, and HOW is it done?

I wrote some explanation and code at
  http://www.wischik.com/lu/programmer/wingl.html

--
Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET. www.wischik.com/lu

Hardware support?

Post by Robb » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 22:35:23

Yes as well as the previous reply, please be aware that I began development
of our engine with a Voodoo 1 in full-screen 640x480x16 with OpenGL.  At the
very least, its useful to be able to compile\run your program with such
low-grade hardware.

Quote:

> Hi all; I'm new here and I really hope some wizards out there can help me-

> I have this Voodoo1 card and it runs Quake2 (in opengl) pretty nice -
> however, I just can't make my own code use the Voodoo card (in fullscreen
> 640x480x16; I /am/ aware of that .-), in fact it seems that my code
> apparantly only uses the Matrox Millenium card installed as default
> hardware accelerator?

> Not even a large filled cube can be done on my system (PII/350, Voodoo,
> Matrox Millenium, W2K) - and some demo examples I've downloaded can be run
> in 30 fps on a similar system, but I get only 1fps or something like that?

> Is there any way I can force my OpenGL application (VC++) to use the
> Voodoo instead of the Matrox card, and HOW is it done?

> Thx,

>   // Michael

1. Hardware Support for Occlusion Culling?

Any idea when hardware support for occlusion culling will become
available on SGI platforms. Some other vendors are talking about
supporting this in thier hardware.

This could become a driving force in the area of Large Scale Database
visualization. (OpenGL-Optimizer)

--
Bill McGarry  SW-Engineer          Phone:(206)865-5064 FAX:(206)865-2628
Boeing Commercial Airplane Company Org: 6-6C13 , M/S 7J-79

2. Inkworks 1.5 for Maya, any experiences?

3. Hardware support for X

4. Q: Color Scanner Suggestions

5. Hardware Support for High Speed Graphics Computations

6. CorelDraw 8 and XP

7. OpenGL on Solaris without hardware support/X only

8. HELP! Hiding Tasks/Programs from task list.

9. OpenGL hardware support + Linux + Geforce 256 DDR

10. I740 hardware support

11. help me about OpenGL hardware support and Halo

12. Why does opengl require hardware support?