windows mouse input

Post by Geoff Heye » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me how to get mouse
input from windows. I only know the
WM_MOUSEMOVE message which
is only sent when the mouse button
is down. I want mouse movement
even when the mouse button is
not down.
Thanx

windows mouse input

Post by Juuso Vilmune » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I think WM_MOUSEMOVE should be sent when the mousebutton isn't down.

Quote:> Can anyone tell me how to get mouse
> input from windows. I only know the
> WM_MOUSEMOVE message which
> is only sent when the mouse button
> is down. I want mouse movement
> even when the mouse button is
> not down.
> Thanx

Juuso Vilmunen

windows mouse input

Post by fungu » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Can anyone tell me how to get mouse
> input from windows. I only know the
> WM_MOUSEMOVE message which
> is only sent when the mouse button
> is down. I want mouse movement
> even when the mouse button is
> not down.

This is definitely not an OpenGL question....

--
<\___/>
/ O O \

windows mouse input

Post by Dmitrii Tisne » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

glut has some basic mouse functionality, for a regular
simple openGL app, it should be enough, otherwise ask
different newsgroup

if you think of asking "what's glut" next, don't;
find that out yourself.

> Can anyone tell me how to get mouse
> input from windows. I only know the
> WM_MOUSEMOVE message which
> is only sent when the mouse button
> is down. I want mouse movement
> even when the mouse button is
> not down.
> Thanx

windows mouse input

Post by Olli Hollida » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

mousemove is sent whever the mouse passes over your window.

i use SetCursorPos to position the mouse over the mid point of a window each
frame after using GetCursorPos to detect how far its moved in that frame.

Quote:> Can anyone tell me how to get mouse
> input from windows. I only know the
> WM_MOUSEMOVE message which
> is only sent when the mouse button
> is down. I want mouse movement
> even when the mouse button is
> not down.
> Thanx

windows mouse input

Post by Anonymo » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>> Can anyone tell me how to get mouse
>> input from windows. I only know the
>> WM_MOUSEMOVE message which
>> is only sent when the mouse button
>> is down. I want mouse movement
>> even when the mouse button is
>> not down.
>> Thanx

>Juuso Vilmunen

use GetCursorPos

1. 3D input with a mouse

I am working on a project to develop an interface to a graphics system which
will be used to specify 3D object scaling, rotation, and translation with a
mouse.  Does anyone have any references which address this problem (i.e. that
of performing 3D input with a 2D device)?

---
Jim Kent
Ohio State University
Columbus, OH 43210

2. 3DS4 under Win95 problem

3. Animate by mouse input.....

4. life

5. mouse input for 3d

6. Metanurbs in 6

7. Newbe question on mouse input / MaxFPS

8. Frank Delise at 3D Cafe

9. mouse input..

10. Mouse Input

11. Inputting mouse movement into OpenGL

12. 100s of objects, mouse input for each?