Fullscreen mode in win32

Post by Jono war » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 02:14:41

hello all

I'm wanting to make my app fullscreen ( without using GLUT though ) and
don't know how to do it . I did however see some code in a tutorial that did
this by code in winMain , but i'm using Borland and don't have to fiddle
with that stuff myself . Whats the best ( and easiest ) way to do this ?
Thanks in advance..

Jono Ward

Fullscreen mode in win32

Post by Lucian Wisch » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 02:27:13

>I'm wanting to make my app fullscreen ( without using GLUT though ) and
>don't know how to do it . I did however see some code in a tutorial that did
>this by code in winMain , but i'm using Borland and don't have to fiddle
>with that stuff myself . Whats the best ( and easiest ) way to do this ?

I have some code at www.wischik.com/lu/programmer/wingl.html
I also wrote a component for BCB, called "ScrGL", which is a combined
opengl-and-fullscreen component. At www.wischik.com/lu/programmer/

--
Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET. www.wischik.com/lu

Fullscreen mode in win32

Post by Brian OBrie » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 10:36:37

If you look at the glut3.7 source code you may find what your looking for.
Check out the glutfullscreen or glutgamemode...

> >I'm wanting to make my app fullscreen ( without using GLUT though ) and
> >don't know how to do it . I did however see some code in a tutorial that
did
> >this by code in winMain , but i'm using Borland and don't have to fiddle
> >with that stuff myself . Whats the best ( and easiest ) way to do this ?

> I have some code at www.wischik.com/lu/programmer/wingl.html
> I also wrote a component for BCB, called "ScrGL", which is a combined
> opengl-and-fullscreen component. At www.wischik.com/lu/programmer/

> --
> Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET. www.wischik.com/lu

1. Win32 and fullscreen mode

How can I use fullscreen with WGL and/or DirectDraw as framebuffer manager?

--

ICQ: 18748121           Tolkien

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off
the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams... glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All
those... moments will be lost... in time..., like... tears... in... rain."

FAQ it.comp.lang.c: http://www.programmazione.it/linguaggi/c/itcomplangc.htm
FAQ it.comp.lang.c++: http://www.programmazione.it/linguaggi/c/lang_faq.htm

2. Making a explosion??

3. Info on GLUT Game Mode or Win32 Exclusive mode, every help will help :|

4. beginner problem

5. Fullscreen under Win32

6. When resizing Image Canvas stays same

7. FULLSCREEN IN WIN32 APP

8. AVI to Quicktime

9. Fullscreen win32 and tearing

10. Fullscreen in win32 bad approach?