Quicktime Texture Loading

Post by Mendel Kucharzec » Fri, 17 May 2002 07:33:02

Hi,

I am loading textures with quicktime to use them in my engine. The problem
is that quicktime is giving me an ARGB image, but I can only upload RGBA
images...what can I do? Swapping is slow, I am doing it currently.

Thanks,
Mendel.

--
Mendel Kucharzeck                            Tel.   : +49 6136 / 814795
AvisNocturna Software                        Fax.   : +49 6136 / 88240

                                             Im Plaul 2a
                                             55270 Essenheim
www.xcene.com                                Germany

Quicktime Texture Loading

Post by yooy » Fri, 17 May 2002 17:21:01

Quote:> Hi,

> I am loading textures with quicktime to use them in my engine. The problem
> is that quicktime is giving me an ARGB image, but I can only upload RGBA
> images...what can I do? Swapping is slow, I am doing it currently.

> Thanks,
> Mendel.

Check for GL_EXT_abgr or GL_EXT_bgra extension.

yooyo

Quicktime Texture Loading

Post by Mendel Kucharzec » Sat, 18 May 2002 01:18:28

>> Hi,

>> I am loading textures with quicktime to use them in my engine. The problem
>> is that quicktime is giving me an ARGB image, but I can only upload RGBA
>> images...what can I do? Swapping is slow, I am doing it currently.

>> Thanks,
>> Mendel.

> Check for GL_EXT_abgr or GL_EXT_bgra extension.

The problem is that it is not ABGR or BGRA, it is ARGB!

Quicktime Texture Loading

Post by Deraj DeZin » Sat, 18 May 2002 10:26:16

Are you using XORs to swap the bytes around? That should speed things up
a bit (no pun intended) if you're not.

You could always mess with the channels in the source images so that
Quicktime THINKS it's loading an ARGB image (Probably more trouble that
it's worth, though =)

> Hi,

> I am loading textures with quicktime to use them in my engine. The problem
> is that quicktime is giving me an ARGB image, but I can only upload RGBA
> images...what can I do? Swapping is slow, I am doing it currently.

> Thanks,
> Mendel.

1. Problem loading images using quicktime 5.0.2

   I do not know if the events are related but I used to have QT 4 in my
Powermac 7500 (8.6, 512MB RAM).  At that time, any program that (I guess)
would use QT directly worked fine.  For instance, the software that
downloads images from my old digital camera would load the QT picture
viewer to show the image that was just downloaded off the camera.

However, since I upgraded QT, that is not the case.  For the same camera
application, every other time an image was downloaded and attempted to use
the QT picture viewer, a dialog box saying the image is not in a format
that can be read would show up.  Now, if I went to the image and
double-clicked on it, it would alternate between working and not working.

Photoshop and all the web browsers I have in my machine (Netscape,
Mozilla, Opera, IE) work with those images without any problem.

Suggestions?

--
Mauricio                                raubvogel-yahoo-com
                           (if you need to email me, use this address =)

2. ATI ultra pro mach32 graphics card

3. Quicktime error when loading PSDs in LW6.5?

4. Clipper_Scanner

5. quicktime vr errors on loading scene in 6.5

6. Q: LW 5.6 for PC - IK - bones jump - fix?

7. Quicktime texture maps

8. displaying z=f(x,y) data ?

9. Down load free animated seamless textures

10. Texture Loading problem on O2

11. Load images into texture FAST?

12. Performer 2.0 doesn't load OPENGL textures for 3D Studio files

13. How quick is texture load?