GLUT

Post by Bryan Colye » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Using GLUT, I want to change the character string for a submenu entry
when that entry has been selected. I've tried glutChangeToMenuEntry in
the callback function for the submenu (after making the submenu the
current menu) but no success.

Any ideas, please?
Regards
--
Bryan Colyer
"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne" (Geoffrey Chaucer)

GLUT

Post by Nate Robin » Sun, 22 Feb 1998 04:00:00

: Using GLUT, I want to change the character string for a submenu entry
: when that entry has been selected. I've tried glutChangeToMenuEntry in
: the callback function for the submenu (after making the submenu the
: current menu) but no success.

If you are using the Windows version of GLUT, this functionality is
broken in some cases.  Hopefully I'll have it fixed by 3.7.

-Nate

--
    /|   .--.--  Nate Robins

  /  | / /   \   University of Utah
.'   |/  \___/   http://www.pobox.com/~ndr

1. New glut .dll's (with glutCheckLoop and glut WMCloseFunc)

Hi all,

I have updated my website to contain ...

borland and MS versions of the changes I have made to glut ...

added:  glutCheckLoop()

this processes events and timeouts, then returns to user (rather than
glutMainLoop() which never returns)

added: glutWMCLoseFunc()

add your own handler to process PER window close callbacks. This will
trap the user shutting a window with the Window Manager and thus will
let you shut down (or not) in an orderly manner, rather than have the
whole process zapped!

Go to http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~rpf1/glut.html

for details and links to the 2 versions. Feedback welcome.

Regards,

Rob.

2. models with nice rigid bind seletons/wrap deformers??

3. Glut development plans / glut exit function ?

4. 3-d point membership/containment

5. To GLUT or not to GLUT?

6. Looking for computer graphics designer

7. to GLUT or not to GLUT

8. Another NURB question

9. Threading GLUT (or combining GLUT & CORBA)

10. To glut or not to glut

11. glut problem, "GLUT.DLL", Win NT, Visual C++6

12. : How to build GLUT Library for MESA w/DJGPP - GLUT missing from Makefile

13. GLUT 2.2, VC++4.0, and glut.h