Post by Goodma » Mon, 31 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hello I'm Korean student.  I used Open Inventor(TGS) & VC5.0 for car
simulator.

Question is how to load IV(Inventor) file format in GL optimizer.
In dir.(/Opmimizer/src/loader/ivLoader), i can find Makefile, some cxx file.
and I compile the makefile in
Win95(VC5.0). But, there are many errors while compiling Inventor include
files.
Is it possible to compile the Makefile and cxx file in Win95 ?

Following file is the Makefile.

# Makefile for Inventor loader

!include <win32.mak>

TOP = ../..

!include "$(TOP)/opwin32.mak"

SRCS = double.cxx \
       doubleClasses.cxx \
       ivLoader.cxx

TARGETS = ivLoader$(PRECSUF).lib
OBJECTS = $(SRCS:.cxx=.obj)

default: $(TARGETS)

.cxx.obj:
 $(cc) $(CFLAGS) -c $*.cxx

$(TARGETS): $(OBJECTS)

clean:

clobber:

Any reply about my problem will help me.  E-mail :

Post by Jonathan Li » Mon, 31 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Hello I'm Korean student.  I used Open Inventor(TGS) & VC5.0 for car
> simulator.

> Question is how to load IV(Inventor) file format in GL optimizer.
> In dir.(/Opmimizer/src/loader/ivLoader), i can find Makefile, some cxx file.
> and I compile the makefile in
> Win95(VC5.0). But, there are many errors while compiling Inventor include
> files.
> Is it possible to compile the Makefile and cxx file in Win95 ?

> Any reply about my problem will help me.  E-mail :

What errors are you getting from the compiler? Have you set the path for
include files in VC 5.0? TGS's Open Inventor is different from SGI's version:
there may be problems there, but I'm not aware of any specific ones.

                Jonathan Lim    Silicon Graphics, Inc.
                GPS Graphics      Mountain View,  CA

[...]

2. what can i upgrade ...

3. Can Performer load non-standard iv file?

4. How create low-polygon models of human and animals for games...

5. Certain .iv files fail to load if application linked against pthread library

6. Point on Cubic B-Spline

7. Optimizer 1.2 iv-loader

8. VRML loading with Optimizer

9. OpenGL and GL Optimizer

10. Why camera setting affected by new iv model loaded

11. DXF or IV into GL Display List ?

12. Display .IV using GL