GL_POINT mode acts strange

Post by Ivo Krooswij » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:07:35

i have a range of points defined as followed:

glNewList( contour_list, GL_COMPILE );
for ( short vertex_nr = 0 ; vertex_nr < 100 ; vertex_nr++ )
{
    glBegin( GL_LINE_LOOP );
        glVertex3f( vertex_array[vertex_nr].x, vertex_array[vertex_nr].x,
vertex_array[vertex_nr].x );
    glEnd( );

Quote:}

glEndList( );

this way i create a list of contours. the vertex array is filled correctly.
when i call the list as below the contours are displayed properly:

    glPolygonMode( GL_BACK, GL_LINE );
    glPolygonMode( GL_FRONT, GL_LINE );
    glCallList( contour_list );

but when i call the list with the GL_POINT mode:

    glPolygonMode( GL_BACK, GL_POINT );
    glPolygonMode( GL_FRONT, GL_POINT );
    glCallList( contour_list );

there are also drawn contours and no points. i did not forget a break in
switch statement, and the correct list is called. anyody recogneizes this
problem. tnx in advance.

GL_POINT mode acts strange

Post by Poison6 » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:02:28

Quote:>     glBegin( GL_LINE_LOOP );
>     glPolygonMode( GL_BACK, GL_POINT );
>     glPolygonMode( GL_FRONT, GL_POINT );
>     glCallList( contour_list );

> there are also drawn contours and no points. i did not forget a break in
> switch statement, and the correct list is called. anyody recogneizes this
> problem. tnx in advance.

    it's a "Polygon"Mode (IMHO ;) LINE's are not polys,
    so i think it simply doesn't affect GL_LINE_LOOP or GL_LINES,
    but for example GL_TRIANGLES / GL_POLYGONS / GL_QUADS

--
   Poison64
   poison64(aT)poczta.onet.pl || poison64(aT)op.pl

1. WACOM acting strange

The tablet actually beeps?  Not the Mac?  I didn't know it could make any
noise.  What do you mean by "the stylus freezes"?  (I assume you mean that
it doesn't move the pointer anymore, or that the pointer freezes -- when
that happens, can you still move the pointer with the mouse?)

Never had this happen, myself.

--

Manual Labor: We Wrote The Book!
http://www.manual.com/home/

2. Req: Info on perspective algorithms

3. GLUT_KEY_UP and GLUT_KEY_DOWN acting strange

4. Which FTP site has LINUX?

5. glNormalPointer & glShadeModel(GL_FLAT) acted strange together

6. How to teach VIZ?

7. clipping plane acts strange

8. Easy gradient fill?

9. (urgent, kinda) strange things in 24bit modes

10. Strange behaviour during hardware mode

11. _very_ strange full screen mode problem - I'm desperate

12. Strange error messages in debug mode

13. GL_POINTS, when are they drawn?