eMail limit

Post by Albert Bricke » Sun, 02 Jul 2006 02:49:02

Hi,

Are there any special considerations for hardware if I want to be able to
use SBS 2003 to send out 5000 eMail newsletters for my organization at one
time?

Thanks,
Albert

eMail limit

Post by SBS-MV » Sun, 02 Jul 2006 08:33:58

And that's not spamming?
If you have enough bandwidth and not other mail.  Its just a matter of either creating 5000 mail enabled contacts in your active directory or getting some 3rd party software for doing listserve/mailing list stuff

--
Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]
--------------------------------------

  Hi,

  Are there any special considerations for hardware if I want to be able to
  use SBS 2003 to send out 5000 eMail newsletters for my organization at one
  time?

  Thanks,
  Albert

eMail limit

Post by Albert Bricke » Sun, 02 Jul 2006 10:38:01

Thanks,  no this is not spamming.  This is a non-profit theater group that
has been in San Francisco for many years.  I don't know exactly how many
members they have opted into their newsletter but I know it is in the
thousands so that is why I was asking.

Thanks again,
Albert