SBS 4.5 FAX Client printer initialize error

SBS 4.5 FAX Client printer initialize error

Post by Anonymou » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 05:52:18

Hi,

Backoffice SBS 4.5 can send faxes from the Fax server but not from the
client PCs. Dialing properties set in the Fax Server work right when sending
a fax from the server, but not from any client PC. Also, sending a fax or
printing a test page from the server works OK from the Domain Server.
However, trying to send a fax - or "print" a test page to the fax printer -
from a client PC, gives an error msg "cannot initialize the printer". Also,
Fax Server dialing propereties are not properly applied when trying to fax
fram a client PC.  Any ideas?

Frank F

SBS 4.5 FAX Client printer initialize error

Post by <what> » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 06:13:45

I am having the exact same problem and no luck.
I have tried reinstalling the client software.  Followed Q224791, Q250875
with no luck.  We have Win95,Win98,WinNT4.0Workstation clients and get the
same result with all.
Using the printer at the server works just fine.  Brings up the client
program, faxes out.
If you uninstall and reinstall you do not get a printer installed
automaticly.
If you try to install the printer manually from the share on the server
either you have to pick a printer driver, which there is not one, or you get
an error message saying the driver does not match.

Anyone have ideas?

Quote:> Hi,

> Backoffice SBS 4.5 can send faxes from the Fax server but not from the
> client PCs. Dialing properties set in the Fax Server work right when
sending
> a fax from the server, but not from any client PC. Also, sending a fax or
> printing a test page from the server works OK from the Domain Server.
> However, trying to send a fax - or "print" a test page to the fax
printer -
> from a client PC, gives an error msg "cannot initialize the printer".
Also,
> Fax Server dialing propereties are not properly applied when trying to fax
> fram a client PC.  Any ideas?

> Frank F

SBS 4.5 FAX Client printer initialize error

Post by <what> » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 06:28:36

Addition to message earlier today.
I can also reinstall the MS Fax Client sometimes, it will add the printer.
Try to print with the fax printer and then get an error:
There was an error writing to \\server01\FAX for printer (FAX on server01)
There was a problem printing to the printer due to an unknown system error.
SBS 4.5, clients mostly win95, but also same problem on Win98 and win NT 4.0
workstation.

Any ideas?

thanks

Quote:> Hi,