XP Pro Cleint Slow to save open files back to user folder on SBS2000

XP Pro Cleint Slow to save open files back to user folder on SBS2000

Post by Bruce Smit » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:59:58

Can someone suggest a cause and solution for the following symptom -
XP Pro Clients open worksheets and/or documents from thier user folder on
the SBS2000 server.  These open instantly without delay.  However, when
saving back to the user folder there is always a delay... 10-15 sec.

No W98 Clients experience this symptom.

Thanks in advance for any replys.

Bruce Smith

XP Pro Cleint Slow to save open files back to user folder on SBS2000

Post by Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 01:44:02

Adjust the ACKs setting on the server.

http://www.smallbizserver.net
click on Window XP
Tweak accordingly

> Can someone suggest a cause and solution for the following symptom -
> XP Pro Clients open worksheets and/or documents from thier user folder on
> the SBS2000 server.  These open instantly without delay.  However, when
> saving back to the user folder there is always a delay... 10-15 sec.

> No W98 Clients experience this symptom.

> Thanks in advance for any replys.

> Bruce Smith

1. XP Pro slow on saving to SBS2000

Hi,

We have a SBS2000 with XP-Pro, Win2000, Win98, ...
clients. All clients are running Office XP.

When we open for example 3 small xcl-files on a client,
make changes to one of these files and then save or close
one of the files, the client seems to hang for about 30
seconds. This behaviour only occurs on the XP-clients.

We checked our network : just the server and one XP-client
connected on a switch (to rule out collissions, bad
cables, ...; we also tried another hub), and the result is
the same.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!!!

Yves.

2. Pilot Lost Password !

3. Slow Login for SBS2000 and XP Pro

4. Webserver Protection Question

5. Painfully slow moving files between SBS and XP Pro

6. Problem with IPC-D-356 !!!!

7. Slow File Transfer Performance: XP Pro

8. Windows size HELP!!!!

9. Samba file shares SLOW to access on XP Pro

10. SBS2000 - WinXP Pro file/logoff data transfer slow

11. Internittent can't open file if multiple users open a file

12. XP PRO cannot see LAN but LAN machines can see XP PRO

13. XP Pro saving network settings