Fax out, RAS in ?

Post by Boris Vikhansk » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

What is the best way to configure RAS and Fax Services in SBS for sending
faxes out (only!) and recieve (only!) dial up call (through RAS service)
using the same modem?

Thank You very much for Your answer!

Boris Vikhanski,

Fax out, RAS in ?

Post by Gerry Kee » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Just set the modem up in Remote Access Service (control panel, network,
services) as Recieve Only.  Then under the Send Tab in Fax Server (control
panel) select the same fax and set up the "archive outgoing faxes" to
C:\WINNT.SBS\FaxStore.  You can also play around with the other settings in
the Fax Server set-up but what I've described here should work fine.

GERRY

> Hi,

> What is the best way to configure RAS and Fax Services in SBS for sending
> faxes out (only!) and recieve (only!) dial up call (through RAS service)
> using the same modem?

> Thank You very much for Your answer!

> Boris Vikhanski,

1. RAS dial-ins can't see web

I'm trying to connfigure RAS so that mobile users dialing in can see the web
via the proxy. I have SBS dual nic'ed with one nic connected to a DSL
connection and the other internal. I also have an analog v.90 modem
connected to the SBS server as well. I enabled DHCP on RAS with an IP scope
that was on the same subnet as the internal lan but not overlapping. My
dial-in users can see resources on the internal lan, and the internal users
can access the web via the proxy. However the mobile users can't access the
web. Any suggestions on how to correct this? TIA

-Jim Picerno

2. HELP HELP HELP! GCC freezes on me every time!

3. fax out solutions???? RAS FAXING DIALOUT?????

4. 56002evm codec

5. Them pesky dial-outs!

6. can we query user from OU

7. Exchange time-outs on dial on demand router

8. Service for UNIX 2.0 HELP!

9. multiple dial outs

10. Client Software roll outs

11. How to Stop Unwanted Dial-outs?