Lost list of computers in SBS console

Post by Alessandro Smal » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi to everybody.
I was creating the installations disk for a laptop (WIn98). At the end of
the floppy creatino process, the list of computers disappeard.
I have to say I took a shortcut: after having created the disk, I did not
use it stight away, and for curiosity I logged on onto the laptop (it was
already configured as a Client for MS networks, TCP/IP , log onto  domain
etc). The system let me in, the logon script worked. But then I noticed that
on the server the list of PCs disappeared.

I checked the support.micorosft.com site and there's a KB article
(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q189/8/48.ASP?LN=EN-...
gn&FR=0) which talks about the problem, ut whose solution didn't work: they
were sugesting to put the NIC  at the top of the list in the bindings
section. In by SBS server they are already on top, so I don't know what else
to do...

Suggestions super-welcome

Thanks

Alex - London

1. sbs console/snap ins

I attempted to install client licenses when I reached an
error.  The work around claimed that I needed to run SBS
console instead of the 'license' executable.  The problem
is I do not seem to have the SBS console nor can I
discover how to install it.  It does not show up in MMC or
anywhere else I can find.  I did not do the originall
installation of this server, is it possible it was an
option that no longer exists?

2. Changing the Subject

3. Lost Users List In Console After NT SP4

4. XP Client Problems

5. Computer list in Manage Computers form.

6. hyperterminal to HP-UX

7. Computers missing from computer management console

8. HFE NJ Jobs

9. No computers in Manage Computers list

10. Listing Computers from the Computer OU

11. SBS Console lost link

12. Lost the SBS Console Page

13. SBS Console lost?