Win2kRC1 & Backoffice Server & Small Business server

Win2kRC1 & Backoffice Server & Small Business server

Post by Chigie » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Anyone tried to install BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5 on Win2kRC1?
When I put the disk in it complains that I am running win2k?

How about BackOffice Server?

It seems like win2k has some of these features already built in, is there
anywhere that I can read about how this is supposed to work?

Thanks,

Ben...

Win2kRC1 & Backoffice Server & Small Business server

Post by Larry Struckmeye » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello Ben:

You can read about how SBS is supposed to work at:

        http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusinessserver/

or in one of several books on the subject, or at one of
several web sites devoted to the subject.

You can't read about how SBS is supposed to work on a
Win2K install, because it isn't.

Regards:

Larry Struckmeyer

> Anyone tried to install BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5 on Win2kRC1?
> When I put the disk in it complains that I am running win2k?

> How about BackOffice Server?

> It seems like win2k has some of these features already built in, is there
> anywhere that I can read about how this is supposed to work?

> Thanks,

> Ben...

Win2kRC1 & Backoffice Server & Small Business server

Post by Dale Ros » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

BackOffice Small Business Server is it's own little thing, OS and all. You
cannot install it on top of Windows 2000. You can install BackOffice Server.
Visit http://www.microsoft.com/BACKOFFICESERVER/prodinfo/windows2000.htm for
more information

--
Dale Ross
Microsoft BackOffice MVP

http://WinBBS.DynIP.com/ telnet://WinBBS.DynIP.com/
http://www.clubwin.com

> Anyone tried to install BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5 on Win2kRC1?
> When I put the disk in it complains that I am running win2k?

> How about BackOffice Server?

> It seems like win2k has some of these features already built in, is there
> anywhere that I can read about how this is supposed to work?

> Thanks,

> Ben...

1. USB On Small Business Server 4.5 & Running FTP, HTTP, DNS & POP3 Servers

I'm looking to hook up a USB ADSL link into MS SBS 4.5 so my first question
is: Does it support USB? If not is there a patch / fix available for this?
Also does SBS have DNS, HTTP, FTP & POP3 servers included? If not what would
you recommend? I'm also considering hosting the DNS for one domain, but the
HTTP with a dedicated host, is this possible? Any help is kindly
appreciated.
Regards,
Alex W

2. Need HPGL to PICT Converter

3. Benifits of MS Small Business 2000 over MS Small Business Backoffice Server 4.5

4. Error creating registry entry.

5. BackOffice & Small Business Server Differences

6. Choosing the rigth CM tools

7. windows 98 & small business server 2000 & accpac

8. Please Help me 70-100 exam

9. Difference Between BackOffice and BackOffice Small Business Server?

10. Does BackOffice Small Business Server contain Windows NT Server 4?

11. What are the advantages and disavantages of Small Business Server 2000 and BackOffice Server 2000 ?

12. Logon problems with OWA & Small Business Server

13. Small Business Server & Internet Email