SBS 4.5 and Internet Access.

Post by James Lattanzi » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:42:58

Dear Anyone,

    I am running SBS 4.5 on a machine. This machine is connected to one
client. I am developing Internet programming and I need to connect to
the Internet to connect to another machine. I want to connect to the
Internet using my ISP dial up. I am running the proxy server so as to
develop the ASP/HTML based software using Visual Interdev.

    When I try to set up a dial-up networking connection, the machine
asks for the i386 directory on the CD installation disks. It then goes
looking for RAS type files and finds none. So this is not the way to go.

    I went through the SBS Manage Server console's manage Internet
Access, Sign Up with an Internet Service Provider selection. When I
clicked on this nothing happens.

    Is there a white paper or documentation on how to get connected to
the Internet from SBS 4.5?

    Any help is welcomed. Thank you.

James Lattanzio

SBS 4.5 and Internet Access.

Post by Javier Miner » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 04:18:48

Quote:

>     When I try to set up a dial-up networking connection, the machine
> asks for the i386 directory on the CD installation disks. It then goes
> looking for RAS type files and finds none. So this is not the way to go.

SBS 4.5 is composed of 3 CDs. Maybe you are inserting the wrong one. Try
inserting either of the other two.

SBS 4.5 and Internet Access.

Post by SBS-MV » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:32:07

Also if this 4.5 SBS server is an upgrade from Version 4.0  you will need the 4.0 media to get the I386 directory.

Have you verified that the I386 exists on the CDs

--
CRIS HANNA (SBS-MVP)
Please do not reply directly to me by email but only in the newsgroup so that all may share the information

  >     When I try to set up a dial-up networking connection, the machine
  > asks for the i386 directory on the CD installation disks. It then goes
  > looking for RAS type files and finds none. So this is not the way to go.

  SBS 4.5 is composed of 3 CDs. Maybe you are inserting the wrong one. Try
  inserting either of the other two.

1. No internet access from Server Computer (SBS 4.5, sp6a)

I have SBS 4.5, have installed Win NT Service Pack 1a

All clients (win98 se) can access the internet, the exchange server can
access the internet for download of mail.  When i try to use IE on the
server computer, i cannot get access to the internet.  If i turn off packet
filtering on Proxy Server, it works.  I do not want to have packet filtering
turned off all the time.  The reason i need it is because my antivirus
(CommandCENTRAL) software needs internet access (HTTP) to download virus
updates.  Is there an exception i need to setup on the packet filtering to
allow local access to the internet?  I am logged on as the administrator -
which has full permissions.  I have even tried to set IE to use the proxy
server for internet access - didn't work

I have had this problem before, but i cannot remember how i fixed the
problem

Any help is much appreciated

Regards
Craig Skipsey

2. please id atari chip set

3. Problems Connecting SBS 4.5 To Internet Using Broadband Cable Access

4. Need Init String to disable KFLEX on my Hayes Optima v.34

5. SBS 4.5 server internet access through DSL

6. Clearing mass properties?

7. SBS 4.5 Client internet access

8. SoundForge 5.0 any better then 4.5?

9. SBS 4.5 & Internet access & Email

10. Internet access from Linux through Ms Proxy from SBS 4.5

11. SBS 4.5 on User Access Wizard the option Acess the Internet is gray

12. Internet access SBS 4.5

13. SBS 4.5 and internet access