W2K recovery console on SBS4.5

Post by Gary Karasi » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 02:55:09

Sorry if I'm late to the party, but I've just read a tip that the W2K
recovery console can be loaded onto NT4. I'm guessing that this would also
work on SBS4.5. Anyone tried this?

GaryK

1. Best Backup/Disaster Recovery Strategy for SBS4.5?

The idea of a product for SBS vs. a product for NT with BO is strictly a
matter of pricing in most cases.

The difference between backup products for SBS/BO vs. NT alone is related to
the ability of the backup software to make an online backup of the SQL and
Exchange databases (make a fully restorable copy of those databases without
taking those services offline at the time).

There are a number of products to do this, and in general the difference
would normally appear to be related to the quality of tech support.  A few
products offer more detailed and granular functions, like the Veritas BE
being able to restore an individual mailbox, not just the entire private
folders.

2. Do you have a Dream? Here is a simple way to realize it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Recovery of SBS4.5 from SBS2000

4. Screenwriting software

5. OT: Can no longer install Recovery Console after XP/SP2 updt

6. Most Reliable E-mail Service ?

7. How to Edit Registery in console recovery

8. Help! RS/6000-10T LAN communications failure

9. XP recovery console w/SBS: Yes!

10. W2K and SBS4.5 any problems..?

11. Seting up a W2K on SBS4.5 network?

12. SBS4.5 SS7 EManager: How2 Access from W2K Client?

13. Adding W2K Clients 2 SBS4.5