Why can't we fax from access?

Post by BILL » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

This only happens in Microsoft Access for Windows 95 (version 7.00)
We have only minimal problems recently with the Fax Mail Transport service.
 But in Access, I choose the Fax client printer as the default printer,
type in the fax number, and name of recipient, check dial as entered, and
then it seems to start to send the fax.  Suddenly a message box appears
from Microsoft Fax Server Client which says:  Error submitting fax to the
Print Server.  Aborted from Print Manager.  Of course, the fax doesn't get
sent.  I can print the form to a printer, but can't can't print to the fax
server.  With a little research, I found a similar problem in Quickbooks,
the solution for which says to change the name of the fax printer on the
client machine to FAX.  I did that and Quickbooks is now faxing.  But
Access still has this pesty problem.

Any suggestions?
---
Bill DeShawn

Why can't we fax from access?

Post by Grey Lancaster [Solutions » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

No answers.  The work around appears to be to open/import the .mdb to Excel
and print it

--
Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)

>This only happens in Microsoft Access for Windows 95 (version 7.00)
>We have only minimal problems recently with the Fax Mail Transport service.
> But in Access, I choose the Fax client printer as the default printer,
>type in the fax number, and name of recipient, check dial as entered, and
>then it seems to start to send the fax.  Suddenly a message box appears
>from Microsoft Fax Server Client which says:  Error submitting fax to the
>Print Server.  Aborted from Print Manager.  Of course, the fax doesn't get
>sent.  I can print the form to a printer, but can't can't print to the fax
>server.  With a little research, I found a similar problem in Quickbooks,
>the solution for which says to change the name of the fax printer on the
>client machine to FAX.  I did that and Quickbooks is now faxing.  But
>Access still has this pesty problem.

>Any suggestions?
>---
>Bill DeShawn

Why can't we fax from access?

Post by Stephen Kin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

From Birk Binard's website.... http://www.birkbinnard.com/SBS/

To allow a client PC to send faxes from MS Access you have to change the
spool settings of the client PC's fax printer to EMF.

This works for me - and it is easy to do....

>This only happens in Microsoft Access for Windows 95 (version 7.00)
>We have only minimal problems recently with the Fax Mail Transport service.
> But in Access, I choose the Fax client printer as the default printer,
>type in the fax number, and name of recipient, check dial as entered, and
>then it seems to start to send the fax.  Suddenly a message box appears
>from Microsoft Fax Server Client which says:  Error submitting fax to the
>Print Server.  Aborted from Print Manager.  Of course, the fax doesn't get
>sent.  I can print the form to a printer, but can't can't print to the fax
>server.  With a little research, I found a similar problem in Quickbooks,
>the solution for which says to change the name of the fax printer on the
>client machine to FAX.  I did that and Quickbooks is now faxing.  But
>Access still has this pesty problem.

>Any suggestions?
>---
>Bill DeShawn

Why can't we fax from access?

Post by Danica C Lehne » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Stephen,

I tried this and now the fax spooler says that it couldn't be sent and to
try later. This is happening from a client machine with Access 97 running
Win95. Do I need to have Access installed on the server? Everything is
running on the front end except for the data is on the server. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Danica C Lehner