Fax Client sends corrupted faxes to server and then cannot send further faxes

Fax Client sends corrupted faxes to server and then cannot send further faxes

Post by Vic Mistr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi I am a returning viewer to this Newsgroup,

One of my client Pc's running win98, consistently seems to send  a corrupted
document to the fax printer, this only happens from one workstation, all
others send fine,  this then locks up the print queue for all faxes.

TIA. for any suggestions

Vic

Fax Client sends corrupted faxes to server and then cannot send further faxes

Post by Donald Watso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

There are two methods of faxing.  The fax wizard that works through the
"File/Send To Fax" option and the Printer driver functions.  I have about 8
Clients that have the same problem.  They only work using the Fax printer
driver.  I get the same results as you plus on some machines a notice that
corrupt 16 bit fax data was sent to the server.  This only happens when
trying to fax using the send to option.  If I use any of these clients and
say "File/Print" and choose the fax printer it works fine.  If you find a
better solution I'd love to hear about it.

--
Donald "Doc" Watson
Information Services

1. FAX Service not recieving incoming FAXES; Sending outgoing FAXES works fine

Can anyone help me, Please

My small business server is able to send faxes but not receive. I have
checked and doubble checked all configurations and I am sure I have
configured may US Robotics 56K Voice FAXModem to receive faxes. I also have
removed and reinstalled the fax server software, but the problem continues.

2. Is someone using...

3. SBS 4.5 Fax Server not sending Fax Acks

4. WTB: Crystal Eyes II

5. Creating a macro in Word2000 to shortcut Fax sending through SBS Fax Server

6. Datum Points from a *.ibl file

7. Sending faxes via Fax Server Programmatically?

8. F.S. Monitor!!!

9. Fax server - notify on sent faxes

10. "Corrupted fax data from 16-bit clients" when using WIN98 fax client

11. Fax: Archiving Sent Faxes

12. SBS 4.5 Fax Service not sending faxes

13. Fax Broadcasts Using Exchange and Fax Send Utility