Thanks, Mal!

Post by Chris Fun » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I had to reinstall SBS from tape today due to an operator error.

I started from scratch with an empty drive.  Installed NT4.0, loaded
ArcServe, merged the tape and restored.  Worked fine....so far.

It was Mal's suggestion in this NG that a parallel install be done but what
I didn't realize until reading his post that a plain old NT 4.0 install
would work.  I thought for sure I would have to reinstall SBS and then do a
parallel install. Thanks again, you have saved me ALOT of grief.

The only question I have now is what will happen to the .OST files on the
clients since I lost a days worth of data?  The data in the .OST files be
merged into the Exchange database?  I am specifically talking about the
Contact and Calendar files.

-Funk