Help - Proxy Server Crashes Twice A Day

Post by Al William » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 07:23:12

Sounds like good old code red.  An unpatched IIS server will cause Proxy to
shut down when attacked by code red from the internet.  Have you updated the
machine with all the latest service packs:

SP6a, Proxy SP2, Exchange SP4, Post SP6a Security Roll-up Package, IIS
rollup, is a short list

You can download hfnetchk from MS -- it will let you know what you are
missing.

--
Allan Williams
Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA

> I have a client who uses Microsoft Small Business Server 4.5 with the
> included Proxy server software.

> The problem is that the proxy server shuts down at least twice a day and
> needs restarting.

> Initially the computer had the Nimba virus on it, but this was removed and
> scans clean now.

> I have included the server SYS and APP logs with this message.

> What's my next step in trouble shooting this problem?

> Thanks, direct replies also appreciated.

> --
> Chris Welber
> Tech Assure Technology Group, Inc.
> 105 Washington Street - 4th Floor
> New York, NY 10006
> (212) 385-4719 Phone
> (212) 385-4758 Fax

> Http://www.tech-assure.com
> "Let Us Tech Assure Your Office Computing Environment"

Help - Proxy Server Crashes Twice A Day

Post by Chris Welbe » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 06:54:32

I will try that as a last resort, it was current as of a few months ago.

--
Chris Welber
Tech Assure Technology Group, Inc.
105 Washington Street - 4th Floor
New York, NY 10006
(212) 385-4719 Phone
(212) 385-4758 Fax

Http://www.tech-assure.com
"Let Us Tech Assure Your Office Computing Environment"

> Sounds like good old code red.  An unpatched IIS server will cause Proxy
> shut down when attacked by code red from the internet.  Have you updated
the
> machine with all the latest service packs:

> SP6a, Proxy SP2, Exchange SP4, Post SP6a Security Roll-up Package, IIS
> rollup, is a short list

> You can download hfnetchk from MS -- it will let you know what you are
> missing.

> --
> Allan Williams
> Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA

> > I have a client who uses Microsoft Small Business Server 4.5 with the
> > included Proxy server software.

> > The problem is that the proxy server shuts down at least twice a day and
> > needs restarting.

> > Initially the computer had the Nimba virus on it, but this was removed
and
> > scans clean now.

> > I have included the server SYS and APP logs with this message.

> > What's my next step in trouble shooting this problem?

> > Thanks, direct replies also appreciated.

> > --
> > Chris Welber
> > Tech Assure Technology Group, Inc.
> > 105 Washington Street - 4th Floor
> > New York, NY 10006
> > (212) 385-4719 Phone
> > (212) 385-4758 Fax

> > Http://www.tech-assure.com
> > "Let Us Tech Assure Your Office Computing Environment"

1. Help - Proxy Server Crashes Twice A Day - Event Logs

Nimda's the yucky one that they say "reformat" and start over

"The only safe way to recover from the system compromise is to format the system drive(s)
and reinstall the system software from trusted media (such as vendor-supplied CD-ROM).
Additionally, after the software is reinstalled, all vendor-supplied security patches must
be applied. The recommended time to do this is while the system is not connected to any
network. However, if sufficient care is taken to disable all server network services, then
the patches can be downloaded from the Internet. "

2. ISDN Multilink 64K DOV

3. Proxy Server crashes my server

4. adding fields to a PDF

5. Web server crashed, proxy server followed

6. Desktop Icons Format

7. Server Crashing Regularly - Possibly Proxy server Error

8. HELP - Telnet To 2514

9. Receiving a file twice to parse twice

10. SBS CRASHES every two days!

11. ADV: gInstall: Red Army Day Price crash!

12. Samba-2.0.6 crashes after a few days under RedHat 6.0