SBS Admin Console

Post by Kenneth Sheppar » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:06:18

I have an task that I though one of you may know how to
solve.

SBS2000 comes with a pretty good console that has several
script-based wizards that are very helpful in adding new
users and such.  I know that those scripts are located
under the \Program Files\Microsoft BackOffice\Management
folder.  There is one specifically called
addusr.exe/adduser.vbs.  You can run addusr.exe directly
from that location and it brings up the standard template
for SBS 2000.

Is there anyway to use that same template on a normal
Windows 2000 server that includes Exchange 2000.  I tried
to copy the entire Microsoft BackOffice folder to another
server that is not an SBS server and when I attempt to
run the addusr.exe wizard, it indicates that I'm missing
some necessary files.  I'm certain that I copied all of
the files, too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks and sorry so long.

1. SBS Admin Console

I have more or less rebuilt the console following last week's crash.  But I
cannot get BackOffice Home to light up.  I have tried reinstalling the
console in its entirety and tried copying bohome.dll across from the SBS CD
but this makes no difference.  When I right-click 'Configure' it crashes
out.  I have followed Q294148 without success.

Has anyone successfully rebuilt their console manually?

--
Peter Riley

2. Integrating Help files (HTML) into DevStdio

3. SBS Admin console

4. Sr Autosys Developer in Philadelphia, PA for 6+ Month Contract

5. IIS and ISA (Cannot access SBS admin console after...

6. Open files ~ Won't close

7. SBS admin console problem

8. Kerberos on Xyplex terminal server, how to authenticate?

9. SBS Admin Console-Info missing

10. SBS Admin Console on Win '95 Client PC

11. Slow response when using SBS Admin Console

12. SBS Admin Console Deathly Slow

13. display additional services in the Server Status/Services Window of SBS Admin console: how to?