printer driver setup error

Post by kent gerhar » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 07:33:45

When attempting to setup a printer on our MS Small
Business Server 2000 using the add printer wizzard, it
generates an error "Printer driver was not installed,
Operation could not be completed"
after clicking "finish" on the completing the add printer
wizzard screen.

This happens no matter what kind of printer I am
installing, or what type of port I am using (lpt, tcp/ip
printing, lpr, doesn't matter).

printer driver setup error

Post by Susan Bradley, CPA aka » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 15:44:02

Have you messed with the settings for this folder?

Any of the normal settings should take effect before that. The one case
I've
seen where your problem happened when somebody changed the ACLs on the
system32 directory. The installation process copies files into the
%windir%\system32\drivers\w32x86 directory, make sure that everybody
installing printer drivers has full access to this and all
subdirectories.

rights.

> Recently upgraded to SP1 for XP.  Now I can't install a
> printer or printer driver.  Final message after clicking
> finished on wizard is "Printer Driver was not installed.
> Access Denied".  I am signed on as administrator and have
> searched for any particular setting that would prevent
> adding printers and all seem appropriate.  Any advice?

> When attempting to setup a printer on our MS Small
> Business Server 2000 using the add printer wizzard, it
> generates an error "Printer driver was not installed,
> Operation could not be completed"
> after clicking "finish" on the completing the add printer
> wizzard screen.

> This happens no matter what kind of printer I am
> installing, or what type of port I am using (lpt, tcp/ip
> printing, lpr, doesn't matter).

1. Win printer driver name for GhostScript driver

Hi,

I succesfully installed GhostScript 7.0 on Linux 2.4.10 with hpijs0.97
driver for my HP DJ640C and I decided to select the
'Apple Color LaserWriter 12/600' for printing from Windows 2K
with Samba 2.2.0.

Everything seems to work fine except that I get on the end of my printed
documents an additional page with something like: