Can't see the rest of the network

Post by Caro » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:26:01

When I'm at home and I connect to the server via a vpn
connection, I can't see the rest of the network.  If I use
Start >> Find Computer and enter a name of a computer on
the network, it doesn't find anything?

Any ideas?

Can't see the rest of the network

Post by Jeff Middleton [SBS-MVP » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 16:00:33

Chose "Use default gateway on remote computer" in the VPN connectoid. Check
for function by using the ping command after connecting. If you can't ping
into the LAN, you haven't solved your problem yet.

Quote:> When I'm at home and I connect to the server via a vpn
> connection, I can't see the rest of the network.  If I use
> Start >> Find Computer and enter a name of a computer on
> the network, it doesn't find anything?

> Any ideas?

1. Samba sees network; network can't see samba

<snip>
<snip>

nmbd running?

Workgroup set up correctly?

Not running NetBEUI on the other PCs (MS-Win will use this in preference to
TCP/IP when both present)?

--
+------------------------------+---------------------------+
| Retype address to send Email | spambots, please send your|

+------------------------------+---------------------------+

2. openstep 4.2 and 2 network cards?

3. seeing Linux in 'network neighbourhood'

4. "paste special" and linking dilema

5. FAX: Clients 'Network access is denied' to the 'Fax on SERVER' queue

6. How does the Zip GS chip work?

7. Is there any place to get canned queries for Windows and Office 2000

8. Where to get Warp 4 (Merlin) in Chicago area?

9. Running canned test scenario from Lesson 1

10. 'can't find computer' w/ dial-up networking

11. 'can't find computer' with dial-up networking

12. Win95 'map network drive at logon' doesn't work when I use DHCP?

13. Samba-server doesn't show up in 'Network Neighborhood'