Urgent - Routing Question

Post by Rod Conwa » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 02:39:59

Hello all,

Attempting to make a connection thru a fiber optic line...to our 911 center
for data queries thru Internet Explorer so that when I type in their
172.xxx.xxx.xxx it points to the fiber leading to the 911 center?

Is there a way via hardware or software to make this work?

Current Configuration
LAN:  Fire Dept Desktop PC(192.xxx.xxx.xxx) >> Intel 510T Switch  >> SBS
(192.xxx.xxx.xxx)

Fiber Optic Want Configuration
Fiber Coming in: 911 Center(172.xxx.xxx.xxx)  >> 911 Router(Mapping their
172.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address to our 192.xxx.xxx.xxx range) >> Fiber >> Fiber
to Ethernet media converter >> Intel 510T switch (above noted switch)

They can ping server & networked printer because they are using some mapping
or Nat on their end from their LAN IP range to translate to us, but it
chokes going from us to them because of their 172.xxx.xxx.xxx range.

Can anybody help or give suggestions?

Thanks
Rod C.
Keizer Fire District
Keizer, OR

Urgent - Routing Question

Post by Rod Conwa » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:51:02

Disregard previous message.

The 9-1-1 center had not passed on some critical information.

So it now works through our speedy fiber connection after all.

Thanks

Quote:> Hello all,

> Attempting to make a connection thru a fiber optic line...to our 911
center
> for data queries thru Internet Explorer so that when I type in their
> 172.xxx.xxx.xxx it points to the fiber leading to the 911 center?

> Is there a way via hardware or software to make this work?

> Current Configuration
> LAN:  Fire Dept Desktop PC(192.xxx.xxx.xxx) >> Intel 510T Switch  >> SBS
> (192.xxx.xxx.xxx)

> Fiber Optic Want Configuration
> Fiber Coming in: 911 Center(172.xxx.xxx.xxx)  >> 911 Router(Mapping their
> 172.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address to our 192.xxx.xxx.xxx range) >> Fiber >> Fiber
> to Ethernet media converter >> Intel 510T switch (above noted switch)

> They can ping server & networked printer because they are using some
mapping
> or Nat on their end from their LAN IP range to translate to us, but it
> chokes going from us to them because of their 172.xxx.xxx.xxx range.

> Can anybody help or give suggestions?

> Thanks
> Rod C.
> Keizer Fire District
> Keizer, OR

1. Self routing, self-routing, dynamic routing via document definition and qualifier/value pair

Here's a bit of a revelation on self routing that we worked through
this week.  I thought I'd share it.  If it is elementary for the
reader, disregard, move on, forgive the intrusion.

Self routing, IE: with an open source' document:

Assuming you have the receive function configured to be 'open source',
listing the appropriate destination qualifier either in the document
itself, via the dictionary tab, or in the receive function...

inbound document.

2.  BTS finds an *Organization* that has this *qualifier/value pair*

3.  BTS finds any open channel/port pairs with:  a) an inbound doc
spec that matches the one found in the document AND b)This
Organization (found in step 2) as the destination, REGARDLESS OF THE
QUALIFER/VALUE PAIR DEFINED IN THIS FOUND CHANNEL/PORT PAIR.  If this
channel/port pair is supposed to go to the org found in step 2, it's a
go...
4.  if 2 and 3 are true, it routes to that channel.

hope this helps. -jv

Jerry

may you dream of large women...

2. How do I optimize for browsers other than IE 4.x ?

3. Urgent - Exchange Routing Engine will not start

4. 386bb hd floppy A4000

5. Urgent, please help - Routing between networks.

6. AS5200 and Radius configuration problem

7. to route or don't route inciming SMTP mail

8. proven?

9. laptops routes to route via proxy client when off netwrk

10. To route or not to route: Best practices

11. Routing issue, please verify my ISA-LAT versus ROUTE PRINT

12. self rout vs manual rout - perf issues?

13. sbs routing question