Microsoft Fax client 95 with SBS Fax server

Microsoft Fax client 95 with SBS Fax server

Post by Jo?o Almeid » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

In the Fax faq it is said that MS Fax for Win95 can be used with SBS fax
server, but until now a didn't manage to get the configuration of the client
working. Does anyone know how to setup SBS or the client?

Thanks
Jo?o Almeida

Microsoft Fax client 95 with SBS Fax server

Post by Michel Bordelea » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

By default, MS Fax creates a fax printer called "MS FAX" (?) which points to
the "FAX:" port... this is usually unavailable.. you should point it to the
SBS fax port at "\\<server>\<sbsfax>"

--

Michel Bordeleau (MVP-SBS, ClubWin Team4 Captain)
IS Manager

http://www.hit-teleservice.com
(514) 932-3232

Quote:> In the Fax faq it is said that MS Fax for Win95 can be used with SBS fax
> server, but until now a didn't manage to get the configuration of the
client
> working. Does anyone know how to setup SBS or the client?

> Thanks
> Jo?o Almeida

Microsoft Fax client 95 with SBS Fax server

Post by Jo?o Almeid » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I did that alredy, but when I try to use the MS Fax client it doesn't work.
If you try to print directly to the printer (wordpad) it will give a "Could
not start print job" error.

Nothing seems to work with this one.

Thanks
Jo?o